On this page you'll find details of the nine new Arena cards that will be added to Hearthstone in an upcoming update.
A total of nine new cards are about to be added to Hearthstone's Arena mode as part of a special event. These cards will be active for a limited period of time, and won't be obtainable or usable in any way outside of the Arena format.
It's been stressed by Blizzard that these cards are not to be considered as part of the Kobolds and Catacombs set due out next month, and are instead just designed to shake up the Arena mode temporarily.
The cards were selected by the audience during the Live Q and A Hearthstone session at BlizzCon this weekend. Three cards were presented for each hero, and the live audience voted for their favourite to be added to the game.
In our guide to the new cards being added to Hearthstone, you'll find a breakdown of all of the options that were presented to the attendees. We've highlighted the final selection in italics, so you have a good idea of what to expect when the update goes live.
On that note, we don't yet have an explanation for when exactly these cards will make an appearance in the game. It's possible they'll be included in the update that's expected to take place some time tomorrow, when a free and permanent copy of Marin the Fox is being gifted to every Hearthstone account.
Thanks to Redditor ian542 who compiled this information from the slides on show this weekend.
- Thornstrike (Spell) 2 mana: "Choose One - Deal 2 damage to a minion; or 1 damage to all enemy minions."
- Boon of Elune (Spell) 5 mana: "Add 4 Moonfires to your hand."
- Nature's Champion (Spell) 3 mana: "Return a friendly minion to your hand and give it +5/+5."
- Reload (Spell) 2 mana: "Discard your hand. Draw 3 cards."
- Volley (Spell) 4 mana: "Add 3 random shot spells to your hand."
- Deadeye (Spell) 2 mana: "For the rest of the game, your Hero Power can also target minions."
- Arcane Flux (Spell) 2 mana: "Cast a random Mage spell (tartgets chosen randomly). Draw a card."
- Power Cosmic (Spell) 1 mana: "Discover a Legendary minion."
- Polymorph: ??? (Spell) 5 mana: "Choose a minion. Discover a new minion to transform it into."
- Retribution (Spell) 1 mana: "Secret: When an enemy attacks your hero, deal 4 damage to it."
- Relic of Hope (Spell) 0 mana: "When you draw this, transform it into a random Paladin spell."
- Hand of Salvation (Spell) 1 mana: "Secret: When your second minion dies in a turn, revive it."
- Absolution (Spell) 1 mana: "Give a minion +1/+1 and Lifesteal."
- Mass Resurrection (Spell) 5 mana: "Give your minions 'Deathrattle: Resummon this minion.'"
- Generous Spirit (Spell) 3 mana: "Give a friendly minion to your opponent. Draw 3 cards."
- Assassin's Training (Spell) 1 mana: "Give a minion Poisonous."
- Mindspike (Weapon) 4 mana 1/3: "Whenever you kill a minion with this, draw a card."
- Smoke Bomb (Spell) 1 mana: "Give a minion Stealth until your next turn. Draw a card."
- Refreshing Jolt (Spell) 4 mana: "Deal 4 damage to an enemy; or Restore 8 Health to a friendly character."
- Magma Shock (Spell) 4 mana: "Silence a minion, then deal 4 damage to it."
- Crackling Doom (Spell) 0 mana: "Deal 12 damage to all minions. Overload: (10)"
- From Beyond (Spell) 1 mana: "Draw 3 cards. At the end of your turn, discard them."
- Combust (Spell) 6 mana: "Destroy a minion. Deal 3 damage to all other characters."
- Bottled Madness (Spell) 0 mana: "Transform each card in your hand into a random Demon."
- Training Blade (Weapon) 1 mana 1/3: "Deathrattle: Add a random weapon to your hand."
- Axe pf the eclipse (Weapon) 5 mana 4/2: "Battlecry: Destroy all damaged minions."
- Blazing Longsword (Weapon) 3 mana 2/3: "Also damages the minions next to whomever you attack."