If you've been having fun with the various Yogg-Saron decks that are in circulation right now, then we think you're going to get a big kick out of this week's Tavern Brawl. In the Servant of Yogg-Saron Tryouts, every single minion that you play will cast a single, randomly chosen spell from across Hearthstone's entire collection.
The results, as you can probably imagine, are incredibly random and those who have a strong dislike of RNG are in for a very bad time. We've found it a blast though, and have spent more time messing around in this week's event than just about any other in the history of the format.
In our Servant of Yogg-Saron Tryouts guide, we've got all of the tips you need to succeed, whether you want to spend a long time playing the event, or you just want to get in and claim your free card pack nice and quickly.
BREAKING! - We've got everything you need to know about Hearthstone's next Adventure in our comprehensive Karazhan guide.
Help Yogg-Saron find a servant! Your deck is full of wannabes who cast a random spell at a random target when played.
Tips and strategy advice
- Mulligan for low-Mana minions. The more plays you have at your disposal, the greater the chance that you'll be able to either grow your threat or recover from disaster.
- Make sure you attack with your existing minions before fielding new ones. While they may get buffed by the random spell, there's just as much chance they'll be wiped.
- When you're ahead on the board, avoid fielding too many minions so you don't wipe out your own threat. When you're behind, seek to increase variance by playing as much as you can!
- Don't give up on a match! You are just as likely to be randomly provided with an extraordinary comeback opportunity rather than disaster!
- Head back to our Tavern Brawl guide hub page for help with the latest special event!
Deck lists and Hero choices
You can only choose your preferred Hero this week, after which you'll be assigned a deck made up of random minions - no spells. As a general rule, you'll do best with Heroes that have the strongest Hero Powers. Rogue and Mage are both good choices as they can ping a minion and often deal with a stubborn problem as a result.