With the Year of the Phoenix, Hearthstone is revamping its returning player experience. Here’s what you can expect when getting back into Hearthstone.
It’s difficult to get back into Hearthstone after a bit of time away. Maybe you’ve just fallen behind on collecting cards, or haven’t quite got to grips with all the new mechanics and keywords introduced in the past year or so. Well, here’s how the Hearthstone team are working to remedy this problem - their new returning players experience.
Hearthstone’s revamped returning players’ experience
Since this new content is coming alongside the Demon Hunter class, there’s going to be 3 catch-up missions added to the game, in which you play as a young Illidan. It’ll reacclimatise you with the experience, including stuff you might’ve missed, and get you back into the swing of things.
- 1. Ashes of Outland - Hearthstone Ashes of Outland guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Aggro Demon Hunter - Aggro Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Demon Hunter overview - Ashes of Outland Demon Hunter overview
- 5. Returning Player Content - Returning Player content for the Year of the Phoenix
- 6. Hearthstone Ranked System explained - Hearthstone's new ranked system explained
After completing these missions, you’ll be given a Standard format deck from the class of your choice, letting you start playing immediately.
The three-act story of the catch-up missions also runs on into the new Demon Hunter prologue. This is the four-part story of Illidan’s descent into becoming a Demon Hunter, and you can find out more in our Demon Hunter guide.
That’s all for our returning players content guide! We’ve got all sorts of interesting stuff to tell you about though, including the Hall of Fame selections for this year of Hearthstone, as well as the huge revamps to the Priest class.