On this page you'll find all of Hearthstone's Hall of Fame cards, with details of 2019's Year of the Dragon additions too.
Blizzard has a very clear system for how cards are rotated out of the Standard format with each year of play that rolls around.
For the most part the Basic and Classic cards are always available for this core game mode, but only the latest expansion cards can be used whenever each new annual season rolls around.
The developers have decided to go further than this, however, and announced a new Hall of Fame categorisation for certain cards a few years ago. This special status will be reserved for those cards from the collection that are deemed too overpowered - or restrictive for future design - and so need to made exclusive to the Wild format.
With the upcoming launch of Year of the Dragon, Blizzard has added a number of new cards to the Hall of Fame, including meta-botherers Baku the Mooneater and Genn Greymane. We've updated our list to reflect all of the new additions.
When you're done here, make sure you check out our comprehensive Year of the Dragon guide based on the recent Hearthstone Summit.
BREAKING: The new Hearthstone expansion is very nearly here! Our Best Rise of Shadows Decks page has everything you need to get started.
Our Rise of Shadows Budget Decks round-up will help you enjoy the new content without breaking the bank. Make sure you check them out!
Year of the Dragon - 2019 Hall of Fame Cards
The following cards are all being sent to the Hall of Fame when 2019's Year of the Dragon begins:
- Doomguard - Warlock
- Naturalize - Druid
- Divine Favor - Paladin
- Genn Greymane - Neutral
- Baku the Mooneater - Neutral
- Black Cat - Mage
- Gloom Stag - Druid
- Glitter Moth - Priest
- Murkspark Eel - Shaman
Existing Hall of Fame Cards
The following cards have all been banished to the Hall of Fame in previous rotations:
- Ice Block - Mage
- Ice Lance - Mage
- Conceal - Rogue
- Power Overwhelming - Warlock
- Azure Drake - Neutral
- Coldlight Oracle - Neutral
- Captain's Parrot - Neutral
- Elite Tauren Chieftain - Neutral
- Gelbin Mekkatorque - Neutral
- Molten Giant - Neutral
- Old Murk-Eye - Neutral
- Ragnaros the Firelord - Neutral
- Sylvanas Windrunner - Neutral
Hall of Fame dust refunds
When cards are moved into the Hall of Fame, Blizzard provides a pretty generous level of compensation for the retired cards in the form of crafting dust - and you even get to keep the cards too!
Here's how the whole process works:
- If you own both the Golden and the non-Golden version of the Legendary card in question, you will only receive compensation for the Golden version. Sorry folks, no doubling up is possible here.
- If you own one Golden copy of a card and any number of non-Golden versions of it, you will receive dust equal to the value of the Golden version as well as one non-Golden edition.
- If you own two Golden copies and any number of non-Golden versions, you will receive dust equal to the value of two Golden copies.
That's it. Remember that this is bonus crafting dust and you still get to keep the cards that you're being compensated for!