Our Fireblast (Hero Power) Mage deck list guide features a theorycrafted deck list for the archetype. Our Hero Power Mage guide will also be updated with Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Fireblast - or Hero Power - Mage looks like it could be a thing in the new Rastakhan's Rumble, thanks to the revealing of a number of cards that play specifically into the Mage's signature class ability. Some have theorycrafted one-turn-kill (OTK) versions, while others look at the potential for extreme control and value.
In the first version of our Fireblast Mage guide, we're highlighting a deck list that's still subject to refinement as new cards are revealed, but provides a fascinating glimpse of what could be part of the new meta when the expansion lands in early December.
We've got an overview of the deck list itself and a tear-down of the combos that exist in this early version. As the list is refined, so we'll update this section. We'll also have Mulligan advice for you once the list has firmed up further, and we know what the broader new Hearthstone meta looks like.
Fireblast (Hero Power) Mage deck list
This is an early theorycrafted version of Fireblast Mage that was created by Godless Minstrel. It takes an OTK approach to winning games.
It goes without saying that this is subject to change as we travel further through reveal season. Check back soon for updates.
|2 x Arcane Artificer||2 x Galvanizer|
|2 x Daring Fire-Eater||2 x Youthful Brewmaster|
|2 x Pyromaniac||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|1 x Molten Reflection||2 x Mind Control Tech|
|2 x Polymorph||1 x Zola the Gorgon|
|2 x Dragon's Fury||2 x Clockwork Automaton|
|2 x Blizzard|
|2 x Meteor|
|2 x Flamestrike|
|1 x Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk|
|1 x Frost Lich Jaina|
- 1. Saviors of Uldum - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone: Tier List (Saviors of Uldum)
- 3. Dragon Mage - Dragon Mage deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 4. Spell Mage - Spell Mage deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 5. Freeze Mage - Freeze Mage deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 6. Highlander Mage - Highlander Mage deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 7. Control Mage - Control Mage deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 8. Phaoris Mage - Phaoris Mage deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 9. Big Spell Mage - Big Spell Mage deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 10. Quest Mage - Quest Mage deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
As a very general overview of the strategy involved, you use your clearance spells to keep the opponent in check, while using many Galvanizer minions - multiplied with Zola the Gorgon and Youthful Brewmaster - to reduce the cost of your Clockwork Automaton minions to one Mana.
Once you've assembled all of your pieces, you then play the following cards:
- 2 x Daring Fire-Eater = 5 Hero Power damage (2 Mana)
- 2 x Clockwork Automaton = 20 Hero Power damage (2 Mana)
- 1 x Molten Reflection on 1 x Clockwork Automaton = 40 Hero Power damage (4 Mana)
- Use your Hero Power on the opponent (2 Mana)
Although that's the core combo, do remember as well that you have access to cards like Frost Lich Jaina and Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk which provide further value in the late-game, and an alternative path to victory.
Fireblast (Hero Power) Mage tips and card combos
Here's a breakdown of how the cards in this deck list interact with one another. We'll keep refining this section as the deck list becomes locked down:
- Arcane Artificer grants you Armor equal to the Mana cost of spells you cast. This is best played later on in a match, when you can cast spells that are meaty enough to get good value from this minion.
- Daring Fire-Eater is a new card that increase the damage of your next Hero Power ping. This is an important component of your combo, so don't play it until you have the rest of your play in-hand and ready to go.
- Galvanizer reduces the cost of Mechs in your hand by one Mana when played. You want to bounce back / duplicate this effect with Zola the Gorgon and Youthful Brewmaster in order to dramatically reduce the cost of your Clockwork Automaton cards.
- Pyromaniac draws you a card whenever you kill a minion using your Hero Power.
- Acolyte of Pain draws a card whenever he takes damage, and don't forget you can target him with your Hero Power as well.
- If your opponent has four or more minions on the board, you can steal one of them using Mind Control Tech. The minion you gain is chosen at random from all those available on the opponent's side.
- The cheapest spell in this deck is Polymorph, which means that Dragon's Fury is guaranteed to deliver at least four points of damage when played.
- Try to exploit the opponent's poor positioning with Meteor, and get as much clearance value as you can from the spell.
- There's an excellent chance that you'll have done enough damage with your Hero Power to generate a Ragnaros from Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk.
- Frost Lich Jaina gives you five Armor and summons a friendly Water Elemental when played. Whenever you kill a minion with her new Hero Power, you'll summon another of these minions. Note that you can target your own minions to achieve this effect, as well as the opponent's.