Wild Anyfin Paladin is a deck archetype that focuses on board control in the early to mid-stages of the game, before unleashing all hell in the latter half through cards such as Anyfin Can Happen. All those Murlocs you used early on to keep the opponent under control? Back to life with a vengeance now - and ready to dish out some serious pain to the enemy's face.
Although the punchline is a simple thing to deliver, it can take a little while to get safely to that point, and so our Wild Anyfin Paladin guide has everything you need to know to get going. We start with a breakdown of what we think is the best deck list being played right now, then go into a little detail about picking the right cards during the Mulligan phase. Finally we've got a list of all the card combos that you must be aware of in order to achieve a consistent win rate.
If you've got any questions about playing this deck, just let us know in the comments!
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our Journey to Un'Goro guide, which contains everything we know about the next expansion for Hearthstone!
Wild Anyfin Paladin deck list - Gadgetzan
Here's the top Wild Anyfin Paladin deck list that we're aware of right now. If you prefer an alternative, let us know what you're playing in the comments.
|2 x Forbidden Healing||TOG||2 x Bluegill Warrior|
|1 x Humility||2 x Doomsayer|
|2 x Equality||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Consecration||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Truesilver Champion||2 x Murloc Warleader|
|2 x Solemn Vigil||BRM||1 x Barnes||KAR|
|2 x Lay on Hands||1 x Old Murk-Eye|
|1 x Ragnaros, Lightlord||TOG||1 x Finja, the Flying Star||MSG|
|1 x Tirion Fordring|
|2 x Anyfin Can Happen||LOE|
More Hearthstone guides:
Wild Anyfin Paladin Mulligan guide - Gadgetzan
The more embedded you are in the current metagame, the better you'll be able to evaluate your starting picks, but in general you will not go far wrong by hanging onto cards like Doomsayer, Acolyte of Pain, Bluegill Warrior and Wild Pyromancer.
If you have The Coin, you might give greater consideration towards keeping Truesilver Champion as well, as it can provide you with such a powerful tempo swing in a large number of match-ups.
Wild Anyfin Paladin tips, combos and synergies - Gadgetzan
Tracking damage potential can be quite tricky with Wild Anyfin Paladin, so here are all of the most important combos you need to be aware of.
- Every Murloc that dies during the course of a match has the potential to be summoned back onto the board with Anyfin Can Happen. You'll have up to seven - randomly selected - minions appear back on the board when it's played.
- Finja, the Flying Star provides a very handy way of starting that Murloc death process off nicely! Even one pull of a Murloc pair can make a major difference.
- Murloc Warleader only provides its buffing effect for as long as it's alive. Something to keep in mind - particularly when you're playing against this deck.
- Each spell you cast while Wild Pyromancer is out on the board will cause a point of damage to be dealt to every minion on both sides of the board. Note that initial the spell effect will be triggered before the Pyromancer's damage is dealt.
- You have two major board clears at your disposal here. First you can clear everything down with Equality and Consecration. Alternatively, you can play Wild Pyromancer out and then cast Equality - the health is lowered before the damage is applied, taking everything out in one fell swoop.
- If you do get a big board clear, you'll reduce the cost of Solemn Vigil - make sure you plan your turn out carefully to get the most value out of your available Mana!
- Do try to remember which Murlocs have perished as every match plays out, so you can calculate the various buffs that might come into play when Anyfin Can Happen is cast. You might be closer to lethal damage that you thought.
- Humility can be used to all but neutralise a bothersome minion, but it can also set Acolyte of Pain up with a nice target to peck away with for repeated card draw.