Our Water Warrior (Standard) guide features the best deck list for the current meta, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Water Warrior is a very aggressive Hearthstone deck that builds on the well-established aggro format by making room for Finja, the Flying Star and a host of Murloc-class chums. Blend all of these elements together, and you've a deck that's very capable of compensating for the recent round of nerfs that saw the weapon-friendly Small-Time Buccaneer fall out favour with the average aggro deck.
In our Water Warrior guide, we've highlighted a deck list that we think should prove pretty powerful in these late stages of the Gadgetzan metagame. After that we've outlined a pretty straightforward overview of the strategy involved in actually playing it. The first step is of course to Mulligan your hand correctly, and so we've got some tips for you on that front before we finish up by highlighting all of the combos in this deck.
If you've got any questions at all about how to play this deck effectively, just ask in the comments and we'll do our best to help you out. Don't forget to share any of your own insights into playing Water Warrior while you're here!
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our Journey to Un'Goro guide, which contains everything we know about the next expansion for Hearthstone!
Water Warrior (Standard) deck list and strategy - March 2017
There's likely going to be a lot of experimentation with this new archetype in the coming weeks, but for now we believe this is the best Water Warrior deck list you can play in the current season of competitive play.
Don't forget to let us know about any alternatives you've found success with in the comments.
|2 x N'Zoth's First Mate||1 x Patches the Pirate|
|2 x Upgrade!||1 x Sir Finley Mrrgglton|
|2 x Fiery War Axe||2 x Southsea Deckhand|
|2 x Heroic Strike||2 x Bloodsail Raider|
|2 x Bloodsail Cultist||2 x Bluegill Warrior|
|2 x Frothing Berserker||2 x Murloc Warleader|
|2 x Kor'kron Elite||2 x Southsea Captain|
|2 x Dread Corsair|
|1 x Finja, the Flying Star|
|1 x Leeroy Jenkins|
Water Warrior is an extremely aggressive deck that demands you get off to a fast start and then never really take your foot off the accelerator. If you must trade to ensure the survival of your minions then do so, but really you want to let your weapons do the talking on that front. If you don't end your matches fast, you'll find it very hard to fight on through and into the late-game.
Really, the most important strategy advice for playing any aggro deck in Hearthstone is to study the synergies contained within it very carefully. Check the combos section towards the bottom of this guide for an idea of how to squeeze a few extra drops of power out of Water Warrior this month.
- 1. Saviors of Uldum - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone Tier List (Saviors of Uldum)
- 3. Bomb Warrior - Bomb Warrior deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 4. Control Warrior - Control Warrior deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 5. Mecha'thun Warrior - Mecha'thun Warrior deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 6. Taunt Warrior - Taunt Warrior deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 7. Quest Warrior - Quest Warrior deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 8. Aggro Warrior - Aggro Warrior deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
Water Warrior (Standard) Mulligan guide - March 2017
The Mulligan process for this deck is very similar to the Pirate Warrior's. Prime keeps include Fiery War Axe, N'Zoth's First Mate, Sir Finley Mrrgglton and Southsea Deckhand.
Water Warrior (Standard) tips, combos and synergies - March 2017
Chances are you've not played a deck exactly like this before, so take some time to study the following combos carefully!
- If you've already got a weapon equipped, then Upgrade will add an extra point of Attack and Durability to it. Otherwise you'll just get a rather humble 1/1 weapon.
- Should you be holding a weapon in your hand at the time, you can play Southsea Deckhand onto the board and attack wih this character immediately. Be careful not to spend the final charge of your weapon first if you need to make use of this play!
- Bloodsail Cultist will empower your weapon's stats further, but only if there's another Pirate-class card on the board when she's played.
- If Finja, the Flying Star survives the attack and randomly pulls a random Murloc Warleader or two out onto the board, then you'll regain a large chunk of her lost stats.
- If Patches the Pirate is still in your deck pile, then the first Pirate card you play will also drag this minion onto the board. Don't forget to use his extra damage before hitting End Turn!
- Murloc Warleader boosts the stats of all other minions on the board, but this effect is not permanent. When the Warleader dies, the extra stats will disappear along with it as well.
- The extra stats of Southsea Captain operate on a similar basis, so be careful with your attack ordering!
- Every time a minion - friendly or otherwise - takes any kind of damage, Frothing Berserker will gain an extra point of Attack power. If two minions butt heads in a single encounter, he'll gain a total of two Attack.
- Dread Corsair becomes cheaper by one Mana Crystal for each point of Attack power on your currently equipped weapon.