Our Treant Druid deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 53 of Boomsday (August 2018). Our Treant Druid guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Treant Druid is a deck archetype that was heavily tipped to be quite a big deal in the upcoming Boomsday Project expansion. It is, in effect, a version of Token Druid that's been given a heavy flavour of the titular minions, along with a few supporting cards that benefit from this kind of synergy
In this article, we've got a post-launch deck list for you which is subject to change, although we'll be tracking most of the changes in our core Token Druid guide. As well as the list itself, we've also got a broad strategy overview for you, as well as a teardown of all the combos in the deck. We'll add in Mulligan advice if this proves to be a deck in its own right.
UPDATE - BOOMSDAY #4
For all intents and purposes, classic Token Druid has - as expected - overtaken Treant Druid as a separate archetype in its own right. You should check out our Token Druid deck list guide which contains more detail, but we've updated the combos in this deck regardless.
Treant Druid deck list and strategy
This is the version of Treant Druid that was created by RayC for the start of the Boomsday meta.
|1 x Floop's Glorious Gloop||2 x Arcane Tyrant|
|2 x Dendrologist|
|1 x Power of the Wild|
|2 x Wild Growth|
|2 x Landscaping|
|2 x Savage Roar|
|2 x Branching Paths|
|2 x Soul of the Forest|
|2 x Swipe|
|2 x Wispering Woods|
|2 x Living Mana|
|2 x Nourish|
|1 x Spreading Plague|
|1 x Malfurion the Pestilent|
|2 x Mulchmuncher|
|2 x Ultimate Infestation|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICBJnTAqDNAvcDxf0CDYfOAr/9Al+GwQLb0wLX7wJA/QKe0gLmBd/7 AuQI1YMDAA==
- 1. Token Druid - Token Druid deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 2. Big Druid - Big Druid deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 3. Malygos Druid - Malygos Druid deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 4. Togwaggle Druid - Togwaggle Druid deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 5. Puzzle Lab - Puzzle Lab guide
- 6. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list
The clue's in the name with this one, and your objective with Treant Druid is to build a wide board of sticky Treat minions which can then be empowered further in order to dish out a pretty terrifying amount of damage. You also have access to other token tools in this deck as well, such as Wispering Woods.
Your buffs are many and varied and include Power of the Wild and Savage Roar. Here's a quick look at all the new cards in this deck, so you know what to expect from this fresh twist on Token Druid:
Floop's Glorious Gloop - By sacrificing minions you gain extra Mana usage for the current turn. This allows you to either control the board and re-establish/enhance a presence, or gain buffing advantage if your board has been insured with a card like Soul of the Forest.
Landscaping - This has obvious synergy with this deck, allowing you to summon a pair of 2 / 2 Treants for 3 Mana.
Dendrologist - The Druid has a lot of spells that work very nicely in this deck (think of your minion buffs) and this card gives you a good chance of drawing into just what you need for either the current play, or an upcoming one.
Mulchmuncher - Trees are going to die when you play this deck, and Mulchmuncher is likely to become extremely cheap as a result.
For more insight into how to play this deck, take a look through the combo section at the bottom of this guide.
Treant Druid Mulligan guide
This section will be updated with Mulligan advice once the Boomsday set has gone live.
Treant Druid tips, combos and synergies
You've got a lot of combos to play around with in Treant Druid, so take a bit of time to brush up on the basic synergies that exist within the deck. When we update the deck list, we'll also update this section.
- After casting Floop's Glorious Gloop, any minions you sacrifice will return one point of Mana to your reserves.
- If Savage Roar is cast, all active minions will temporarily gain an extra two points of Attack power. Note that your hero gains this effect as well, so don't forget to use it!
- Similarly, Power of the Wild can be used to immediately give all friendly minions an extra +1 / +1 of stats.
- Once you've established a wide board of minions, casting Soul of the Forest will ensure that each one spits out a 2 / 2 Treant, even if the opponent manages to clear the board down. There's strong late-game synergy between this card and Wispering Woods.
- Cast Spreading Plague and you'll spawn a 1 / 5 minion with taunt. If the opponent still has more minions than you, the spell is cast again. This repeats until both players have the same number of minions on the board.
- Arcane Tyrant can be played for free on the same turn you cast a spell that costs five or more Mana. In this deck you can exploit Nourish, Spreading Plague and Ultimate Infestation for this purpose.
- It's important to understand how the mechanics of Living Mana actually work. When played, you'll gain a 2 / 2 Treant for each Mana Crystal you currently possess. You won't get that Mana back again though until the Treants have died - not even on your next turn.
- Mulchmuncher becomes one Mana cheaper for each Treant that died earlier on in the match.