Our Soul Demon Hunter deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 81 of Hearthstone (April 2021). You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos, but we will continue to add more over time.
Soul Fragments were introduced in Scholomance Academy, and it turns out the sweet, sweet synergies they bring are damn good. They cast when drawn and heal you by 2 for each one that comes out of your deck, helping you survive with an aggressive gameplan whilst getting hit in the face. There are more ways to take advantage of these cards though, from direct face damage to board presence.
It's pretty fun to take advantage of all your card draw and stay healed while you whack out some powerful Soul Fragment synergies - this one will give you massive burst damage by attacking with your Hero.
Soul Demon Hunter deck list and strategy
Here is the version of Soul Demon Hunter we’re going for at this point in Forged in the Barrens. Expect further refinements with meta shifts, and we’ll be sure to update this page as and when they happen.
|2 x Spirit Jailer||2 x Wandmaker|
|2 x Fury (Rank 1)||2 x Manafeeder Panthara|
|1 x Soul Shear||1 x Mankrik|
|2 x Chaos Strike||2 x Luckysoul Hoarder|
|2 x Relentless Pursuit|
|2 x Aldrachi Warblades|
|1 x Il'gynoth|
|2 x Marrowslicer|
|2 x Shardshatter Mystic|
|2 x Soulshard Lapidary|
|2 x Bladed Lady|
|2 x Skull of Gul'dan|
|1 x Soulciologist Malicia|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAea5AwTN0gPP0gPQ3QPn8AMN2cYD0c0D+84D/tEDzNID1NID99UDxd0DzN0D9eMDwvEDg58Etp8EAA==
- 1. Demon Hunter overview - Hearthstone: What does Demon Hunter do?
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Aggro Demon Hunter - Aggro Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Midrange Demon Hunter - Midrange Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Highlander Demon Hunter - Highlander Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Token Demon Hunter - Token Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Big Demon Hunter - Big Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Soul Demon Hunter Mulligan Guide
In the beginning, you want to stay alive so you can embrace the giant levels of value offered to you. Here's what you need to keep to begin with.
1. Spirit Jailer is a great starting point - it'll shuffle a couple Soul Fragments (basically giving you 4 health later in the game), and contest the board nicely.
2. We like Manafeeder Panthara as an early cycle card. Using your Hero Power on the same turn is trivial, since your Demon Hunter one only costs a single mana point, and for that you get to attack, play a 2/3, and draw a card!
3. Soul Shear is some solid minion removal early on, which will also set up some future plays like Soulshard Lapidary and Shardshatter Mystic.
Soul Demon Hunter tips, combos and synergies
Soul Demon Hunter has some interesting things to keep an eye on - don't forget these combos and interactions:
- Your already-equipped weapons will all buff Blade Dance, and can be combined with your Hero Power or Twin Slice to deal even more damage to the enemy board.
- Be careful playing Il'gynoth! You get extra face damage with Lifesteal effects like Aldrachi Warblades, but you also don’t get the healing benefit, so don’t lose out on essential healing. However, you’ll also get a big wedge of extra damage with your Warblades if you do need that final push for damage.
- For a finisher, Kayn Sunfury can be a great play. It allows you to ignore Taunt minions as long as the minion is alive, potentially letting your giant face attack through for the finisher.
- Soulciologist Malicia is a solid board clear with a bunch of 3/3 Rush minions summoned, but you can also threaten the enemy with lethal damage using this card if they haven’t got any answers.
- To shuffle Soul Fragments into your deck, you'll need to play Spirit Jailer, Soul Shear, and Marrowslicer.
- Remember to play Bladed Lady when she’s discounted - the discount reverts when your Hero’s attack is below 6 (which usually happens at the end of your turn).
- The Lifesteal effect from Aldrachi Warblades stacks when you increase your Hero's Attack, so use things like Twin Slice to gain extra healing.
- Manafeeder Panthara draws you a card when you've used your Hero Power on the same turn. This'll be shown by a yellow border surrounding the card.