Our Soul Demon Hunter deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 77 of Hearthstone (August 2020). You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos, but we will continue to add more over time.
Soul Fragments are a new mechanic in Scholomance Academy. They're a pretty solid source of longevity in your deck. They cast when drawn and heal you by 2 for each one that comes out of your deck, helping you survive with an aggressive gameplan whilst getting hit in the face. There are more ways to take advantage of these cards though, from direct face damage to board presence.
It's pretty fun to take advantage of all your card draw and stay healed while you whack out some powerful Soul Fragment synergies.
Soul Demon Hunter deck list and strategy
Here is the version of Soul Demon Hunter we’re going for at this point in Scholomance Academy. Expect further refinements with meta shifts, and we’ll be sure to update this page as and when they happen.
|2 x Double Jump||2 x Manafeeder Panthara|
|2 x Twin Slice||1 x Hoard Pillager|
|2 x Crimson Sigil Runner||1 x Magtheridon|
|2 x Spirit Jailer|
|2 x Spectral Sight|
|2 x Soul Shear|
|2 x Chaos Strike|
|2 x Blade Dance|
|2 x Shardshatter Mystic|
|2 x Marrowslicer|
|1 x Metamorphosis|
|2 x Glaivebound Adept|
|2 x Soulshard Lapidary|
|1 x Soulciologist Malicia|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAea5AwTosAPDvAO1yQPP0gMN17sD4LwDusYD1cgD/MgD/sgD0c0D+84D1tEDzNIDzdID1NID99UDAA==
- 1. Demon Hunter overview - Hearthstone: What does Demon Hunter do?
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Aggro Demon Hunter - Aggro Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Midrange Demon Hunter - Midrange Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Highlander Demon Hunter - Highlander Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Token Demon Hunter - Token Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Big Demon Hunter - Big Demon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Soul Demon Hunter Mulligan Guide
In the beginning, you want to stay alive so you can embrace the giant levels of value offered to you. Here's what you need to keep to begin with.
1. Spirit Jailer is a great starting point - it'll shuffle a couple Soul Fragments (basically giving you 4 health later in the game), and contest the board nicely.
2. Blade Dance is a nice way to keep the board clear early on. Combined with attack-boosting powers like your Hero Power or Twin Slice.
3. Soul Shear is some solid minion removal early on, which will also set up some future plays like Soulshard Lapidary and Shardshatter Mystic.
Soul Demon Hunter tips, combos and synergies
Soul Demon Hunter has some interesting things to keep an eye on - don't forget these combos and interactions:
- Your already-equipped weapons will all buff Blade Dance, and can be combined with your Hero Power or Twin Slice to deal even more damage to the enemy board.
- Magtheridon combined with Shardshatter Mystic is a guaranteed 12/12 if you have a Soul Fragment in your deck. It'll also completely clear all minions from the board.
- For a finisher, Kayn Sunfury can be a great play. It allows you to ignore Taunt minions as long as the minion is alive, potentially letting your giant Magtheridon through for the finisher.
- Lorekeeper Pokelt guarantees your most expensive cards are at the top of your deck, so if you haven't drawn Soulciologist Malicia, you will next turn.
- To shuffle Soul Fragments into your deck, you'll need to play Spirit Jailer, Soul Shear, and Marrowslicer.
- Magtheridon can act as a constant threat even if you don't immediately awaken him. Be warned though - the 1/3 Wardens can be buffed and such by the enemy and become more difficult to kill.
- The Lifesteal effect from Aldrachi Warblades stacks when you increase your Hero's Attack, so use things like Twin Slice to gain extra healing.
- Manafeeder Panthara draws you a card when you've used your Hero Power on the same turn. This'll be shown by a yellow border surrounding the card.