Our Shuffle Warlock deck list guide features the best Rise of Shadows deck list for Season 61 of Hearthstone (April 2019). Our Shuffle Warlock guide will also be updated with Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Shuffle - or Portal - Warlock is a potential new Hearthstone archetype to launch with Rise of Shadows. It's a format that's likely to take some time to settle down, but is broadly based on the idea of shuffling an endless stream of Portals into your deck - each one which summons a 2 / 2 minion with Rush when drawn - as well as a number of other helpful cards.
In the first edition of our primer guide for playing Shuffle Warlock, we've highlighted a deck list that 's been created by Trump for the launch of Rise of Shadows. It goes without saying that it's subject to a lot of refinement over time, so we'll be making plenty of updates to our recommended list in due course.
If the deck proves popular in the competitive meta, we'll expand on all areas of it with the usual Mulligan and strategy advice. For now, we've got the deck list itself, followed by a teardown of the main combos. That should be enough for you to get started in the early days at least.
Shuffle Warlock Deck List
This is the Shuffle Warlock deck list theorycrafted by Trump for launch. It's worth repeating that you should avoid crafting anything expensive that you don't have in your collection. Not only will the list change a lot, it remains to be seen whether this will even be competitive in the new meta.
|2 x Mortal Coil||2 x Doomsayer|
|1 x The Soularium||2 x Augmented Elekk|
|2 x Plot Twist||2 x Earthen Ring Farseer|
|2 x Hellfire||2 x Portal Keeper|
|2 x Aranasi Broodmother||2 x Proud Defender|
|2 x Siphon Soul||1 x Harrison Jones|
|1 x Lord Godfrey||2 x Rotten Applebaum|
|2 x Twisting Nether||1 x Zilliax|
|2 x Portal Overfiend|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAf0GBJAHnPgCoIADj4IDDQAAAAAAigHbBrYHxAjMCPMMxfMC9YADAA==
- 1. Saviors of Uldum - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone Tier List (Saviors of Uldum)
- 3. Zoo Warlock - Zoo Warlock deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 4. Quest (Plot Twist) Warlock - Quest Warlock deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 5. Highlander Warlock - Highlander Warlock deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 6. Mecha'thun Warlock - Mecha'thun Warlock deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
Shuffle Warlock Combos
Here are some of the core combos and card behaviours that are contained in this exact version of Shuffle Warlock. If the list changes, we'll update our advice here:
- The Soularium now has a key interaction with Plot Twist, allowing you to draw a chunk of cards, pop them back into the deck with the latter spell, and then refuel your hand again.
- Augmented Elekk has obvious synergy with your shuffling spells, and so you want to have this creature out in play before making any big shuffle moves if at all possible.
- Remember that the damage inflicted by Hellfire affects not only minions on both sides of the board, but both heroes as well.
- Note that Aranasi Broodmother's bonus effect - beyond Taunt - is to restore health when she's drawn. Given the shuffling options you have, this will prove to be a very handy way of keeping your hero topped up.
- Portal Keeper and Portal Overfiend both have important synergy with the new Portal card which summons a 2 / 2 minion with Rush onto the board when drawn. Again, you want to use cards like Augmented Elekk to gain as much value as you can in this regard.
- Do your sums carefully with Lord Godfrey. He works a little like Defile, except this time it's two damage when played. Trigger a kill this way and the damage will be repeated.
- Harrison Jones is not only very effective against weapon-wielding opponents, he'll also feed into that bonus card draw effect you want to achieve for things like Portals and Aranasi Broodmother.