Our Secret Paladin deck list guide features the best Rise of Shadows deck list for Season 85 of Hearthstone (April 2021). Our Secret Paladin guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Secret Paladin is a Hearthstone deck that may have you cowering in fear if you played the game during the era of The Grand Tournament. It was a time when Mysterious Challenger reigned supreme, and led Paladin to a ridiculously strong power level that few other decks have matched in the history of Hearthstone.
Well, thanks to the Forged in the Barrens expansion, Secret Paladin is back! With all the brand new gear coming into the Paladin class, you’d better get ready to bring the secretive pain to your enemies.
So then, here’s all the info you need to succeed with Secret Paladin in the current metagame.
Secret Paladin deck list and strategy
Here's the version of Secret Paladin currently steamrolling the Hearthstone meta.
|2 x First Day of School||2 x Intrepid Initiate|
|2 x Noble Sacrifice||2 x Sunreaver Spy|
|2 x Conviction (Rank 1)||2 x Crossroads Gossiper|
|2 x Avenge||2 x Voracious Reader|
|2 x Righteous Protector||1 x Kazakus, Golem Shaper|
|2 x Oh My Yogg!|
|2 x Sword of the Fallen|
|2 x Hand of A'dal|
|2 x Northwatch Commander|
|2 x Goody Two-Shields|
|1 x Cannonmaster Smythe|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZ8FAvzoA4DsAw7KwQPczAOezQPG0QPK0QOD3gPO6wPP6wPj6wOr7APqnwTIoATJoATQoAQA
Secret Paladin Mulligan Guide
For your games with Secret Paladin, here’s what you should look to have in your opening hand:
1. Sword of the Fallen is the best card in this deck. It gets your Secrets in play, chips away at your enemy’s health total, and even reduces your risk of weak topdecks.
2. Intrepid Initiate is a fantastic 1-drop, as it offers basically a one mana 3/2 once you activate Spellburst, something you’ll be able to do easily with all your cheap spells.
3. First Day of School can help you activate your Spellburst effects from Intrepid Initiate, as well as give you minions to help out with contesting the board early and buffing with the likes of Avenge.
Secret Paladin tips, combos and synergies
Here are top tips for Secret Paladin:
- Always include Conviction when counting for lethal damage. It offers up to three friendly minions +3 attack, which is a whopping nine damage if your board allows for it.
- Voracious Reader is a super powerful card in this deck to play when you’re low on hand size. I like to try to clear the enemy board first so they struggle to get rid of the minion, as it’s a constant source of card draw.
- Crossroads Gossiper doesn’t just grow by +2/+2 when a single Secret is popped - this minion will keep on growing until it’s an absolute behemoth if your opponent keeps triggering your Secrets.
- Cannonmaster Smythe should be played when you have enough board space to accommodate all the extra 3/3s he summons, otherwise you’ll lose out on the value of your in-play Secrets.
- If your Kazakus, Golem Shaper comes out of your deck in the super-late game, it might be best to craft a giant 10-mana Golem to finish with a bang. However, sometimes this isn’t the way to go - if you need a Taunt minion immediately, use your remaining mana to play a 1-mana Golem to protect yourself for a victory later.
- You should be playing this deck extremely aggressively, otherwise you’ll swiftly run out of cards in both your hand and deck.
- Remember to avoid playing Goody Two-Shields before a spell unless you absolutely have to, otherwise you’ll lose out on the extra Divine Shield she gains from Spellburst.
- If you expect an enemy to hit you with a big board clear, Oh My Yogg! is a perfect counter. However, any Secret can act as a deterrent to your opponent, as they won’t know what it is until testing or triggering it.