Our Quest Warrior deck list guide features the best Rastakhan deck list for Season 61 of Hearthstone (April 2019). Our Quest Warrior guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
When Quest Warrior arrived at the start of 2017 it saw a fair amount of play, yet it became much more powerful when the Witchwood expansion launched early in 2018. Prior to that it was rather tricky to complete the challenge presented by Fire Plume's Hearth, but a number of cheap - or repeatable - Taunt minions made life a lot easier.
It's occasionally punched its way into the highest levels of competitive play, and right now it's certainly a valid option for climbing the ladder. Note, however, that Quests rotate out with the launch of Rise of Shadows, and so this one won't be playable on the Standard ladder for long.
In this article we're highlighting the deck list that's proving to be the most competitive in Hearthstone this month. We've also got some Mulligan advice for you, an overview of the strategy involved in playing Quest Warrior, and a breakdown of all the core combos you have to play around with.
If you've got any questions about playing this deck - or have suggestions of what you'd like to see added to our guide - post away in the comments!
UPDATE - MARCH 2019 #2
We wanted to check in on Quest Warrior as we approach the end of March, but we're happy to say the deck list remains unchanged. You only have a couple of weeks to play this deck until the Quest rotates out of Standard, so this is your last chance to enjoy it!
Quest Warrior deck list and strategy
|1 x Fire Plume's Heart||2 x Phantom Militia|
|2 x Shield Slam||2 x Stonehill Defender|
|2 x Town Crier||2 x Tar Creeper|
|2 x Reckless Flurry||2 x Witchwood Grizzly|
|2 x Shield Block||1 x Zilliax|
|2 x Brawl||2 x Amani War Bear|
|2 x Direhorn Hatchling||1 x Baku the Mooneater|
|2 x Dyn-o-matic||1 x Oondasta|
|2 x Supercollider|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcE08MCnvgCoIADm4oDDUuiBP8Hm8ICysMCoscCyucCquwCnfAC8vECjvsCnvsC2IwDAA==
Quest Warrior Mulligan guide
Here's a look at some of the most important keeps to consider when playing the Quest Warrior. Look for these in order of priority:
- 1. Fire Plume's Heart - The signature card in this deck! You're guaranteed to receive this card in your opening hand, so keep it and get it played out on Turn 1.
- 2. Stonehill Defender - Not only does this minion add to your quest tally, it also provides further fuel for your taunt-playing machine.
- 3. Tar Creeper - Another early offering for your Quest, and like Stonehill Defender puts up a particularly strong board against aggro opponents.
- 4. Town Crier - Puts a body on the board and hopefully draws into Zilliax for the mid-game.
- 1. Tier List - Hearthstone Tier List (Rise of Shadows)
- 2. Bomb Warrior - Bomb Warrior deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 3. Control Warrior - Control Warrior deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 4. Mecha'thun Warrior - Mecha'thun Warrior deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
Quest Warrior tips and card combos
Here's an overview of all the combos this particular version of Quest Warrior contains:
- In order to complete the Fire Plume's Heart quest, you're going to need to play a total of seven Taunt minions. Once you've done so, you'll receive a 3 Mana 4 / 2 weapon that gives you a new Hero Power too! This does eight points of damage to a randomly targeted enemy.
- Shield Slam does as much damage to a target as you have Armor in the bank. Don't forget you can tap your Hero Power - or use Shield Block - to boost the strength of this spell. Similar advice applies to Reckless Flurry.
- Tar Creeper only has extra Attack power on the opponent's turn. You might need to do a bit of partial trading to set things up problematically for the other player.
- Phantom Militia has the Echo ability, and that means it can be played as many times on the current turn as you wish - as long as you have the Mana to keep casting it, that is. This is particularly helpful for getting you caught up on your Quest progress.
- Dyn-o-matic's damage does not affect other Mechs, so this minion - and minions like Zilliax - will not be hit by the damage.
- Oondasta will summon a random Beast from your hand when played. Qualifying candidates in this regards are Witchwood Grizzly, Amani War Bear, Baku the Mooneater and Direhorn Hatchling.