Our OTK Leoroxx Hunter deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 85 of Hearthstone (April 2021). You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos, but we will continue to add much more for OTK Leoroxx Hunter over time.
Beastmaster Leoroxx hasn’t been used a great deal since his entry into the Ashes of Outland set. There just hasn’t been enough potential for an OTK deck that includes him. That’s all changed now though - this deck utilises a combination of Beast minion buffing existing in the Hunter class, combined with the Forged in the Barrens’ superb Beast copying and drawing ability. All of this combines for a potentially devastating one-turn-kill.
You should see a decent bit of success with this deck, especially if you’ve been looking desperately for an excuse to play your newly-free King Krush. So then, here’s how to get that sweet, sweet OTK.
Deathrattle Demon Hunter deck list and strategy
Here’s the best Deathrattle Demon Hunter deck at the moment - give it a try if you want something new to play.
|2 x Trueaim Crescent||2 x Far Watch Post|
|2 x Wound Prey||2 x Mor'shan Watch Post|
|2 x Tracking||1 x Lorekeeper Polkelt|
|2 x Selective Breeder||1 x Taelan Fordring|
|2 x Quick Shot|
|2 x Scavenger's Ingenuity|
|2 x Tame Beast (Rank 1)|
|1 x Zixor, Apex Predator|
|2 x Warsong Wrangler|
|2 x Piercing Shot|
|1 x Rinling's Rifle|
|2 x Trampling Rhino|
|1 x Beastmaster Leoroxx|
|1 x King Krush|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAR8Gg7kDtrsD9tYDj+MDqIoE4Z8EDP+6A+HOA4biA/foA/noA+rpA9zqA5rsA/DsA9vtA6mfBLugBAA=
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Dragonbane Face Hunter - Dragonbane Face Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Beast Hunter - Beast Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Midrange Hunter - Midrange Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Highlander Dragon Hunter - Highlander Dragon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Hunter - Quest Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
This deck is a unique one as far as Hunters go - you don’t often see OTK builds in this class! Beastmaster Leoroxx is here to change that though, and with the right setup, you can chunk your enemy from full to nothing in a single turn.
Early Game: Stall out the early game with cards like Far Watch Post and Wound Prey. These will hopefully allow you to survive until slightly later in the game and set up your combo turn. The same can be said for your Trueaim Crescent and Quick Shot - taking out enemy threats or potential threats before they have a chance to run away with the game.
You shouldn’t be slacking on setting up that combo though. Selective Breeder is the minion that really makes this deck tick, and since you only have three Beasts in your deck, you should be able to have your pick. It depends on your enemy’s build, but we usually go for extra copies of King Krush unless we expect our opponent to have lots of Taunts blocking the way. In that case, Trampling Rhino is going to be the best option to copy.
You want to be copying King Krush with Selective Breeder before drawing him out with Scavenger's Ingenuity or Warsong Wrangler. Since you only get one copy of Legendary minions, you won’t be able to re-copy him once he’s been drawn.
Mid Game: Now it’s time to keep contesting and chipping away. Zixor, Apex Predator is a decent Rush minion, which is shuffled back into your deck as Zixor Prime later, giving you a great chance to get the board back when you need to. Warsong Wrangler can draw out the Beast minion you want to pull off the combo with, and you can also contest the board further with damage spells and the Rush minion generated by Tame Beast.
Of course, chipping away at the enemy’s face will help out too. You often won’t be able to get the ‘perfect’ hand of King Krushes or Trampling Rhinos, and that’s okay as long as you’ve hit the enemy a little beforehand.
Late Game: Your Beastmaster Leoroxx play should be well thought-out. Make sure Zixor Prime isn’t in your hand, as it’ll lose its Battlecry and potentially take the space of another Beast. Ideally, you’ll have three King Krushes in hand after copying two with Selective Breeders and drawing the real version with Warsong Wrangler. They’ll all now be 10/9s, meaning if they’re the only Beasts in your hand, they can deal a total of 30 Charge damage to the enemy’s Hero, killing them instantly unless they have Armor or Taunts.
This isn’t always possible though, and remember to use your Hero Power and spells to get that final little bit of damage. Quick Shot and Wound Prey can both go face if necessary, so use all your resources and you should be home free.
OTK Leoroxx Hunter Mulligan Guide
These are your ideal keeps with OTK Leoroxx Hunter:
1. Selective Breeder gets you nice and set up for your combo, letting you copy King Krush or Trampling Rhino.
2. Far Watch Post forces your opponent to drain their resources killing it, otherwise they’ll be at a huge mana disadvantage.
3. Beastmaster Leoroxx is a surprisingly good keep, as it’ll let you pull the trigger on your combo whenever you want. There’s nothing worse than having to wait around for the right draw when everything else is in place.
OTK Leoroxx Hunter tips, combos and synergies
When playing OTK Leoroxx Hunter, keep the following in mind:
- Taelan Fordring draws your highest-cost minion, so only play him when you know you want King Krush (or Beastmaster Leoroxx) in your hand.
- Chip enemy minions down before hitting them with Piercing Shot or Trampling Rhino to maximise the extra face damage they offer.
- Tame Beast summons a 2/2 at Rank 1, a 4/4 at Rank 2, and a 6/6 at Rank 3.
- If you choose to buff Zixor Prime with your Warsong Wrangler (or if it’s drawn with Scavenger's Ingenuity), all copies summoned with the Battlecry will be buffed too.
- With Trueaim Crescent and a board of buffed Trampling Rhinos, you can get them to attack multiple times a turn. Hit the minion with your Rhino, then hit it with your weapon to make your minions strike again. This can lead to lethal if you stack ‘overkill’ damage which goes through and hits their Hero.
- Lorekeeper Polkelt rearranges your deck to guarantee you draw your costliest cards next, so save him until you’re completely certain you’re about to use those cards.
- Mor'shan Watch Post and Far Watch Post can’t attack, unless you hit a minion with Trueaim Crescent. They’ll then attack that minion like any other.
That’s all for the OTK Leoroxx Hunter, so go give it a shot if it tickles your fancy! We also have a Hearthstone Battlegrounds hero tier list, and an overall Hearthstone deck tier list if you fancy something different.