Our Moon Druid deck guide features the best deck list for Season 40, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Moon Druid is a new kind of Hearthstone deck that was recently cooked up by Stancifka, and it blends the many benefits of the Jade Golem synergy with a big finale Yogg-Saron play should your original Golem plan go completely to pot.
We are not, in truth, a million miles away from the pure Jade Druid with this particular deck, but there's enough that's different here that we thought it was worth highlighting independently. Who knows, in the remaining weeks of the Un'Goro metagame we might even see this archetype replace core Jade Druid altogether.
Until then, we've got a Moon Druid deck list which should take you pretty far, along with an overview of the strategy it demands. We've also got some Mulligan suggestions, along with a list of all the synergies contained within this version of the deck.
If you've got any questions about playing it, take to the comments and we'll do what we can to help you out.
BREAKING NEWS! A new expansion is coming! Check out our Frozen Throne guide for all the latest information.
Moon Druid deck list and strategy - July 2017
Here's Stancifka's deck list. Just copy the Deck Import ID below the card list and then fire up a new deck to import it straight into your game:
|2 x Innervate||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Moonfire||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Earthen Scales||2 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer|
|2 x Jade Idol||1 x Yogg-Saron, Hope's End|
|2 x Wild Growth|
|2 x Wrath|
|1 x Feral Rage|
|2 x Jade Blossom|
|1 x Fandral Staghelm|
|2 x Swipe|
|1 x Aya Blackpaw|
|2 x Nourish|
|2 x Jade Behemoth|
Deck Import ID:
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
This deck plays very much like Jade Druid, and so your main port of call for strategy advice should be our Jade Druid deck list guide! Having said that, there are a few unique elements to this deck that are worth highlighting separately from that other archetype.
Moonfire provides this deck with a huge amount of very cheap, very versatile fuel. You might need to pick off a damaged or a weak minion, for example, or you can use it to ping your Acolyte of Pain. It also has synergy with Wild Pyromancer very early on in the game, when you might need to clear down an aggro opponent as quickly as possible. You can also use it as cheap fuel for Gadgetzan Auctioneer.
Then there's Yogg-Saron, Hope's End. This deck is absolutely jam-packed with spells, and so you are guaranteed an explosive finish by the time this minion comes out into play. You are of course at the mercy of the RNG gods when you fling this Old God out onto the board, but you'd be surprised how many times this character can rescue you from the direst of predicaments.
It's a crap-shoot, but it's also a lot of fun - just don't get greedy and play him when you're actually ahead...!
Moon Druid Mulligan guide - July 2017
Your most important cards to prioritise during the Mulligan phase are Innervate and Wild Growth. The former allows you to reach up into a more expensive card earlier on in the match, while the latter provides a huge amount of value for the rest of the match if played early on. Jade Blossom is another amazing keep, as you get the extra Mana and a minion on the board.
If you are confident you are in a very aggressive match-up (against Warrior, for example), then you might want to hang onto Wild Pyromancer as well. You have a good chance of picking up a spell to go with it, and if you happen to have The Coin then hanging onto this minion is a no-brainer really.
- 1. Saviors of Uldum - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone: Tier List (Saviors of Uldum)
- 3. Token Druid - Token Druid deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 4. Heal Druid - Heal Druid deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 5. Quest Druid - Quest Druid deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 6. Highlander Druid - Highlander Druid deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
Moon Druid tips, combos and synergies - July 2017
Here's a closer look at all of the combos that fuel this very fun deck:
- The first Jade Golem you create will have 1/1 stats, the second has 2/2 stats, the third has 3/3, and so on towards some truly terrifying creatures. The following cards all have synergy with this mechanic: Jade Idol, Jade Blossom, Aya Blackpaw and Jade Behemoth.
- Every time you cast a spell while Gadgetzan Auctioneer is in play you'll receive an extra card in your hand. A special mention here of Innervate, which can be used to create a huge amount of card-draw in this fashion.
- If Wild Pyromancer is out on the board, every spell you cast will cause one point of damage to be delivered to all minions, including your own. Keep in mind that the spell effect is applied first, then the damage.
- Fandral Staghelm causes both “Choose One” card effects in this deck to be triggered. The cards in question are: Nourish, Feral Rage, Wrath and Jade Idol.
- Here's your big, cross-everything-and-hope-for-the-best finish. Put Yogg-Saron, Hope's End into play and for every spell you cast earlier on in the game, Yogg will trigger a spell randomly selected from across the entire Hearthstone collection - good luck!