Our Mind Blast Priest deck list guide features the best deck list for The Witchwood (April 2018). Our Mind Blast Priest guide will also be updated with Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mind Blast Priest is a Hearthstone deck that draws on a few different archetypal angles, with a little bit of Dragon, a little bit of Control, and a large dollop of burst damage thrown in to get things wrapped up. It's not a new deck for the game by any means, but it's making something of a comeback in the emerging Witchwood meta.
We're keeping the first edition of this guide pretty simple for now, and will add in a lot more detail if the deck proves popular in the long run. Right now we've got one of the most competitive versions of the deck you can take to the ladder for you, as well as a breakdown of all the critical combos that exist in that list.
In time we'll update this article further with Mulligan and strategy advice for handling different opponents. It's going to take a little while until we know what decks your opponents are likely to be packing, and so we'll update again when it's all a little bit clearer.
Mind Blast Priest deck list and strategy
The creator of this particular version of Mind Blast Priest is unknown, but it's a list that's seeing a lot of play in the early stage of the Witchwood meta:
|2 x Northshire Cleric||1 x Acidic Swamp Ooze|
|2 x Power Word: Shield||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Divine Hymn||2 x Scaleworm|
|2 x Mind Blast||2 x Twilight Drake|
|2 x Shadow Visions||1 x Harrison Jones|
|2 x Shadow Word: Death||2 x Primordial Drake|
|2 x Duskbreaker||1 x Alexstrasza|
|1 x Mass Dispel|
|2 x Psychic Scream|
|1 x Shadowreaper Anduin|
|1 x Mind Control|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAa0GBgjFBIoHkAfWCpDTAgyhBOUE9geNCNMK8gzRwQLJxwLo0ALL5gKJ8QK98wIA
- 1. Saviors of Uldum - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Rise of Shadows)
- 3. Nomi Priest - Nomi Priest deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 4. Silence Priest - Silence Priest deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 5. Resurrect Priest - Resurrect Priest deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 6. Mech Priest - Mech Priest deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
Mind Blast Priest tips, combos and synergies
To get you started, here's a look at all of the combos you need to be aware of in this particular version of Mind Blast Priest:
- Each time a minion is healed, your active Northshire Cleric will add a card to your hand from your deck pile. If multiple minions are healed, you get multiple cards - Divine Hymn can be huge in this context.
- If you cast a spell while Wild Pyromancer is out on the board, the effects of the spell will be put into play and then ALL minions take one point of damage.
- If you're holding a Dragon in your hand at the time you play Duskbreaker, he'll dish out three points of damage to minions on both sides of the board.
- With a Dragon in hand, Scaleworm can attack other minions immediately and also gains an extra point of Attack power.
- The more cards you have in your hand, the more Health Twilight Drake will receive when you put him out into play.
- Harrison Jones not only destroys your opponent's weapon, he'll also draw you a card for each point of Durability that was left on the blade.
- Don't forget that Primordial Drake damages your own minions as well as your opponent's!
- When Shadowreaper Anduin is played, all minions with five or more Attack are destroyed. You'll also get a new Hero Power which is refreshed each time you play a card. This means you can combine cards like Mind Blast with Hero Power uses to bring the opponent's health down rapidly.
- On that note, don't forget to push the opponent down to 15 Health with Alexstrasza before making your game-winning play...