Our Mecha'thun Warrior deck list guide features the best Saviors of Uldum deck list for Season 65 of Hearthstone (August 2019). Our Mecha'thun Warrior guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mecha'thun Warrior is a Hearthstone deck archetype that's built around the mighty Mech minion that was released with The Boomsday Project. If you've no cards left in your deck or your hand, and no other minions on the board at the time, then Mecha'thun will obliterate the opponent at the moment of his destruction. Game Over.
In our guide to playing this new kind of Hearthstone deck we've highlighted the most popular deck list being played right now. We'll see if this one has competitive legs, and will update the deck list over time if so. We've also got a closer look at the combos contained in this deck, so you can build towards your devastating final play.
Mecha'thun Warrior deck list and strategy
Here's the Mecha'thun Warrior deck list that's seeing the most play right now.
|1 x Inner Rage||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|1 x Devastate||1 x Harrison Jones|
|2 x Eternium Rover||1 x Zilliax|
|2 x Shield Slam||1 x Da Undatakah|
|2 x Town Crier||1 x Jepetto Joybuzz|
|2 x Warpath||1 x Mecha'thun|
|2 x Weapons Project|
|2 x Shield Block|
|2 x Restless Mummy|
|2 x Omega Devastator|
|2 x Brawl|
|2 x Dyn-o-matic|
|1 x Dr. Boom, Mad Genius|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcIFpAHkvgC8fsCoIAD+IYDi4oD2p0DC0uiBP8H+wyd8AKb8wL09QKe+wKz/AKSnwOfoQMA
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Bomb Warrior - Bomb Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Galakrond Tempo Warrior - Galakrond Tempo Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Face Highlander Warrior - Face Highlander Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Pirate Galakrond Warrior - Pirate Galakrond Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Highlander Dragon Warrior - Highlander Dragon Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
How do you actually go about destroying the opponent with Mecha'thun Warrior?
There are multiple ways to do so in this deck, but the favourite is absolutely Da Undatakah. Play your cards out like a Control Warrior deck, and just play your Mecha’thun out whenever you want. After Dr. Boom, Mad Genius grants it Rush is useful, as it has an immediate impact and is a big threat. Once you’re through with your deck, have this as your hand:
- 1 x Da Undatakah
- 1 x Inner Rage
- 1 x Devastate
It’s a lot simpler than Mecha’thun Warlock of old, as you simply play Da Undatakah and hit it with Inner Rage and Devastate to kill it, triggering the previously perished Mecha’thun’s Deathrattle. Congratulations, your opponent is now kicking themselves!
Mecha'thun Warrior Mulligan guide
Here are some thoughts on what cards to look for in the Mulligan stage of the game:
- 1. Town Crier - Puts a body onto the board and also drags Restless Mummy or Zilliax into your hand as well. Note that if this card is played after Dr. Boom, Mad Genius, all Mechs in this deck gain the Rush ability.
- 2. Eternium Rover - Good for contesting the early-game - particularly against aggro opponents - and building up the Armor reserves you need if you're to survive into the late-game.
- 3. Acolyte of Pain - More card draw is always welcome in a deck like this, where you're looking to thin down your deck and find the most important pieces of your win-condition.
- 4. Dr. Boom, Mad Genius - A pricey card but worth keeping as it provides you with so much value in terms of survivability as you build towards your big finish.
Mecha'thun Warrior tips, combos and synergies
Getting to your end-game play will require you to have a good understanding of how all the other cards in this deck synergise with each other. Here's a closer look at the most significant combos you need to know about.
- Eternium Rover can generate a fair bit of early Armor for you. Every time it takes any damage at all it'll grant two points of Armor to your hero. You can also Magnetise it to create even more value and get some fast Armor after Dr. Boom, Mad Genius has been played.
- Town Crier will pull one of the following minions from your deck pile when played: Restless Mummy and Zilliax.
- Any time Acolyte of Pain takes even the slightest amount of damage, you'll draw an extra card.
- Restless Mummy regains Rush after it is Reborn, meaning you can attack two minions on the turn it is played.
- When you equip Harrison Jones, you'll not only destroy your opponent's weapon but also gain an extra card for each point of Durability that was remaining on it.
- A reminder that to trigger Mecha'thun's game-winning effect you must have zero cards remaining in your hand or in your deck. Mecha'thun also needs to be the last friendly minion to die.