Our Mecha'thun Warrior deck list guide features the best Rastakhan deck list for Season 59 of Hearthstone (February 2019). Our Mecha'thun Warrior guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mecha'thun Warrior is a Hearthstone deck archetype that's built around the titular mighty Mech minion that was released with The Boomsday Project. If you've no cards left in your deck or your hand, and no other minions on the board at the time, then Mecha'thun will obliterate the opponent at the moment of his destruction. Game Over.
In our guide to playing this new kind of Hearthstone deck we've highlighted the most popular deck list being played right now. We'll see if this one has competitive legs, and will update the deck list over time if so. We've also got a closer look at the combos contained in this deck, so you can build towards your devastating final play.
UPDATE - OCTOBER #1
Our recommended Mecha'thun Warrior deck list hasn't changed a jot since our last updated towards the middle of last month. Carry on as you have been, in other words, but do keep in mind that this is not a particularly competitive deck to play on the current ladder. It's very expensive in that regard as well!
Mecha'thun Warrior deck list and strategy
Here's the Mecha'thun Warrior deck list that's seeing the most play right now.
|2 x Inner Rage||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Eternium Rover||1 x Harrison Jones|
|2 x Shield Slam||1 x Zilliax|
|1 x Town Crier||1 x Malygos|
|1 x Whirlwind||1 x Mecha'thun|
|1 x Battle Rage|
|2 x Slam|
|2 x Warpath|
|2 x Weapons Project|
|2 x Shield Block|
|1 x Blood Razor|
|1 x Militia Commander|
|1 x Brawl|
|2 x Dyn-o-matic|
|1 x Dr. Boom, Mad Genius|
|1 x The Boomship|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcMS5ADtAP8BJAHzM0CnfAC0fUCuPYCkvgC8fsCoIADCRaiBP8Hsgj7DJvzAvT1Ap77ArP8AgA=
How do you actually go about destroying the opponent with Mecha'thun Warrior?
Well, a key interaction comes between the titular card and The Boomship. As the latter card summons Mecha'thun onto the board, you have the option to either destroy it by slamming it into another minion thanks to Rush.
Alternatively you can make use of Malygos alongside cards like Inner Rage and Whirlwind to take it out quickly. Just make sure you've fulfilled the win-conditions of having no other minions on the board, no cards in your hand, and no cards remaining in your deck.
Mecha'thun Warrior Mulligan guide
Here are some thoughts on what cards to look for in the Mulligan stage of the game:
- 1. Town Crier - Puts a body onto the board and also drags Militia Commander or Zilliax into your hand as well. Note that if this card is played after Dr. Boom, Mad Genius, all Mechs in this deck gain the Rush ability.
- 2. Eternium Rover - Good for contesting the early-game - particularly against aggro opponents - and building up the Armor reserves you need if you're to survive into the late-game.
- 3. Acolyte of Pain - More card draw is always welcome in a deck like this, where you're looking to thin down your deck and find the most important pieces of your win-condition.
- 4. Blood Razor - A solid removal weapon that can cause headaches for aggro in particular. The Battlecry effect also combos very nicely with Acolyte of Pain.
Mech'athun Warrior tips, combos and synergies
Getting to your end-game play will require you to have a good understanding of how all the other cards in this deck synergise with each other. Here's a closer look at the most significant combos you need to know about.
- If you hit a minion with Inner Rage it'll take a point of damage but gain two points of Attack in exchange.
- Eternium Rover can generate a fair bit of early Armor for you. Every time it takes any damage at all it'll grant two points of Armor to your hero.
- Shield Slam is your crucial spell in this deck. For every point of Armor you currently have, this'll will do a point of damage to Mecha'thun. If you're at ten or more Armor you'll destroy him. Consider also Malygos in this context.
- Whirlwind / Blood Razor and Battle Rage is a common combo for drawing through your deck. The more of your own minions you can tap with damage, the more cards you'll draw into.
- A similar play can be made to extract card-draw value out of Acolyte of Pain.
- Remember that the Battlecry damage of Dyn-o-matic will not affect any Mechs you have out on the board.
- When Harrison Jones is played, you'll not only crush your opponent's weapon (if they're holding one), but also draw cards equal to the Durability value of the blade.
- Zilliax possesses the Magnetic keyword, which means you can attach it to any other Mech by placing it to the left of the target. Place it to the right if you want both minions to remain separate.
- If you have Eternium Rover and Mecha'thun in your hand, The Boomship will bring them both into play. You can use the Rover to get a top up of Armor if you need it for the final play, but make sure it dies in the process!
- All spells become five points more powerful as long as Malygos is out in play. Consider this card in the context of Whirlwind, Shield Slam, Warpath, Slam and so on.
- A reminder that to trigger Mecha'thun's game-winning effect you must have zero cards remaining in your hand or in your deck. Mecha'thun also needs to be the last friendly minion to die.