Our Mecha'thun Warrior deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 53 of Boomsday (August 2018). Our Mecha'thun Warrior guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mecha'thun Warrior is a Hearthstone deck archetype that's built around the titular mighty Mech minion that was released with The Boomsday Project. If you've no cards left in your deck or your hand, and no other minions on the board at the time, then Mecha'thun will obliterate the opponent at the moment of his destruction. Game Over.
In our guide to playing this new kind of Hearthstone deck we've highlighted a deck list that was created by a pro player for the launch window. We'll see if this one has competitive legs, and will update the deck list over time if so. We've also got a closer look at the combos contained in this deck, so you can build towards your devastating final play.
Mecha'thun Warrior deck list and strategy
Here's the Mecha'thun Warrior deck list that was created by Monsanto for the launch of the Boomsday expansion. It's subject to change in the days and weeks ahead, so please be careful with some of the pricier crafts.
|2 x Inner Rage||2 x Voodoo Doctor|
|2 x Eternium Rover||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Shield Slam||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Whirlwind||1 x Mecha'thun|
|2 x Battle Rage|
|2 x Bring It On!|
|2 x Commanding Shout|
|1 x Forge of Souls|
|2 x Slam|
|1 x Weapons Project|
|2 x Shield Block|
|2 x Blood Razor|
|1 x The Boomship|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcE9s8CuPYC9PUC8fsCDfsMggj/B7P8AvHTAvwEzM0CsgiiBJADFoQB 9gcA
How do you actually go about destroying the opponent with Mecha'thun Warrior?
Well, a key interaction comes between this card, The Boomship and Shield Slam. Assuming you've enough Armor in the tank, you can use Boomship at nine Mana to summon the Mech onto the board, and then use a one Mana Shield Slam to pulverize it. Just make sure you've met the deck, board and hand conditions before doing so.
That's a very simplistic overview of your main win-condition, then, but we'll have detailed strategy advice for you about handling specific opponents if the deck proves worthy of play on the ladder. In the meantime, have a look through the combo section to find out how all the other synergies in this deck work.
Mecha'thun Warrior Mulligan guide
We'll update this section with Mulligan advice once we've played this a little more in the Boomsday Project meta.
Mech'athun Warrior tips, combos and synergies
Getting to your end-game play will require you to have a good understanding of how all the other cards in this deck synergise with each other. Here's a closer look at the most significant combos you need to know about.
- If you hit a minion with Inner Rage it'll take a point of damage but gain two points of Attack in exchange.
- Eternium Rover can generate a fair bit of early Armor for you. Every time it takes any damage at all it'll grant two points of Armor to your hero.
- Shield Slam is your crucial spell in this deck. For every point of Armor you currently have, this'll will do a point of damage to Mecha'thun. If you're at ten or more Armor you'll destroy him.
- Whirlwind / Blood Razor and Battle Rage is a common combo for drawing through your deck. The more of your own minions you can tap with damage, the more cards you'll draw into. Note that an initial Commanding Shout will ensure that your weakest minions don't die in this process.
- A similar play can be made to extract card-draw value out of Acolyte of Pain.
- Wild Pyromancer inflicts a point of damage to all minions when you cast a spell. Remember that the damage is applied after the effects of the spell have been played out.
- Bring It On! provides a massive chunk of Armor in preparation for your big play, even if it does give the other player an advantage at the same time. Shield Block gives another solid injection of Armor and rewards you with a card too.
- If you have Eternium Rover and Mecha'thun in your hand, The Boomship will bring them both into play. You can use the Rover to get a top up of Armor if you need it for the final play, but make sure it dies in the process!