Our Mecha'thun Warlock deck list guide features the best Saviors of Uldum deck list for Season 65 of Hearthstone (August 2019). Our Mecha'thun Warlock guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mecha’thun Warlock has been about for a while, but it’s not necessarily always been the strongest deck archetype. Saviors of Uldum offers the option to fix this, with a brand new Mecha'thun combo to pull off!
If you're not familiar with how Mecha'thun actually works, it's pretty simple. If you have no cards left in your deck, none in your hand, and Mecha'thun is the only friendly minion on the board, he'll instantly obliterate the opponent when he dies. It's quite a puzzle for each hero to work their way through!
In this edition of our Mecha'thun Warlock guide, we’ve got a deck list for the new Mecha'thun Zoo-style deck, wherein you play the game like a normal Zoo deck whilst drawing heavily, and if you need to, Mecha’thun is available. Remember: discount your Mecha'thun with Galvanizer first, then once your hand is completely empty, play your Mecha'thun out with Plague of Flames, destroying all of your minions as well as the enemy Hero. Make sure you don’t have any Deathrattle minions on board when the combo goes off though!
|2 x Mortal Coil||2 x Mecharoo|
|2 x Plague of Flames||2 x Dire Wolf Alpha|
|2 x Sinister Deal||2 x EVIL Cable Rat|
|2 x Voidwalker||1 x Galvanizer|
|2 x EVIL Genius||2 x Knife Juggler|
|2 x EVIL Recruiter||2 x Microtech Controller|
|1 x Dark Pharaoh Tekahn||1 x SN1P-SN4P|
|1 x Cult Master|
|2 x Replicating Menace|
|1 x Zilliax|
|1 x Mecha'thun|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAf0GBqsG8fsC1/4CoIADgqUDn7cDDDDZB7EIxAiY+wL2/QKMgAO0kQOInQP6pAP8pAOdqQMA
- 1. Saviors of Uldum - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone Tier List (Saviors of Uldum)
- 3. Zoo Warlock - Zoo Warlock deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 4. Quest (Plot Twist) Warlock - Quest Warlock deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 5. Highlander Warlock - Highlander Warlock deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 6. Mecha'thun Warlock - Mecha'thun Warlock deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
Everyone knows Zoo Warlock by now, right? While this deck isn’t exactly the same thing, you’ll want to play it in a similar way. Card draw is of vital importance, but the beauty of this Mecha'thun deck is that you don’t need to sacrifice playing a decent deck for it to work. It’s basically a classic Zoo-style deck, making use of all the excellent new Lackey synergy cards brought about by the Saviors of Uldum expansion.
As mentioned before, the combo is simply to have Mecha'thun and Galvanizer in hand, and some time before you want to win the game, toss your Galvanizer out there to discount your Mecha'thun by 1 mana. Then, your only task is to empty your deck, play out your hand - something that shouldn’t be too tough considering your cheap minions - and play Mecha'thun along with Plague of Flames. You’ll have an empty deck and board as Plague of Flames kills every single one of your minions, but be careful and avoid having something like Mecharoo on board - the 1/1 Jo-e Bot will stop your Mecha'thun’s Deathrattle from triggering!
That's the very rough overview of playing the deck, then, but you'll find more detailed advice in the combos section towards the bottom of this article.
Mecha'thun Warlock Mulligan guide
Here's an overview of the cards you should think about keeping when playing Mecha'thun Warlock:
- 1. Voidwalker: early board contesting is vital for survival, and you should be ahead on board a lot of the time anyway.
- 2. Knife Juggler: Deals damage as you play minions - an aggressive way to start clearing the enemy board whilst establishing a presence of your own.
- 3. Mecharoo: A decent sticky minion early on, as well as a solid body to stick a Zilliax or SN1P-SN4P on to.
- 4. EVIL Genius: Two Lackeys in hand is a rather strong play, but it gets even better when you consider the incredible synergy this deck has for Lackeys: EVIL Recruiter and Dark Pharaoh Tekahn.
Mecha'thun Warlock tips, combos and synergies
If you're unfamiliar with this kind of deck, it's worth having a read through all the card synergies contained within it.
- When you play EVIL Recruiter, your 1 mana 1/1 Lackeys can be replaced with 5/5 EVIL Demons. Don’t forget to get the value in first though, and attack with the Lackeys if they can get away with hitting face and surviving.
- Galvanizer is a key card in this deck and both copies should only be played to reduce the Mecha'thun that's sitting in your hand.
- EVIL Recruiter and Dark Pharaoh Tekahn have some level of anti-synergy, as the bonus of Tekahn directly reduces the bonus of EVIL Recruiter. However, they’re both extremely powerful with lackeys in their own right, so don’t worry about losing out on that value - even just one of these bonuses is a great play for tempo and the rest of the game.
- It might be best to save your Lackeys for when you have either Dark Pharaoh Tekahn's bonus for the rest of the game or an EVIL Recruiter in hand. That way, you can combine the Battlecry with a big wedge of board presence.
- Sometimes you might win the game with just your Zoo gameplan. If that looks like a possibility, then feel free to drop your Plague of Flames spells when necessary to stay alive!
- For the sake of thoroughness, we'll remind you of the Mecha'thun combo. You reduce his cost with your Galvanizer, chuck all your cards at the enemy, using Life Tap when you can to keep drawing cards, and once your deck and hand are empty, just drop Mecha'thun and Plague of Flames to kill it off. Easy peasy, right?