Our Mecha'thun Shaman deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 53 of Boomsday (August 2018). Our Mecha'thun Shaman guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mecha'thun Shaman is a Hearthstone archetype built around the titular Legendary card that's being added with the Boomsday set. Mecha'thun is a ten Mana 10 / 10 with a very unique property: if, when he dies, there are no other cards on your side of the board, in your hand, or in your deck pile then the other opponent is immediately destroyed.
While it's considered to be something of a meme card, there are a few Hearthstone heroes that might be able to achieve this effect more consistently than others and the Shaman's considered to be one of the lucky few. In our Mecha'thun Shaman guide we've got a powerful deck list, an overview of the strategy involved in playing it and a snapshot of all the combos it contains.
We'll have Mulligan advice for you shortly after launch, and if the deck proves competitive in the long-run we'll flesh out all sections of this guide considerably.
Mecha'thun Shaman deck list and strategy
This version of Mecha'thun Shaman was created by player WillPwn for the very start of the Boomsday meta. It's likely to go through a number of changes once the expansion is live, and we'll have an update for you during launch week.
|2 x Zap!||1 x Glacial Shard|
|1 x Earth Shock||1 x Doomsayer|
|2 x Crushing Hand||2 x Galvanizer|
|1 x Elementary Reaction||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Murmuring Elemental||1 x Mind Control Tech|
|1 x Electra Stormsurge||1 x Hemet, Jungle Hunter|
|2 x Far Sight||1 x Mecha'thun|
|2 x Healing Rain|
|2 x Lightning Storm|
|2 x Mana Tide Totem|
|2 x Hex|
|2 x Volcano|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaoICIoB3gX/BZfBAp3HArP3Apn7AvH7AguBBPUE/gWyBvsMx8ECutIC8+cC4OoC9vAC1/4CAA==
- 1. Saviors of Uldum - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Rise of Shadows)
- 3. Murloc Shaman - Murloc Shaman deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 4. Big Shaman - Big Shaman deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 5. Control Shaman - Control Shaman deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 6. Overload Shaman - Overload Shaman deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
The easiest route for the Shaman to achieve the full Mecha'thun play involves using Galvanizer and Murming Elemental to reduce the cost of the massive Mech. You can then used Crushing Hand and Zap! to obliterate Mecha'thun and - in theory - win the match.
Hemet, Jungle Hunter helps get rid of all the clutter in your deck so you can start drawing down into the final key parts, but make sure you don't burn the essential spells we've mentioned above.
You can also use Acolyte of Pain in combination with Volcano to draw a lot of cards, or combo Electra Stormsurge with Elementary Reaction or Far Sight.
We'll have advice on handling specific match-ups in the next update to this article. In the meantime, have a look through the combo tip section at the bottom of the page for more insight into the synergies contained in this deck.
Mecha'thun Shaman Mulligan guide
We'll have Mulligan advice for the Mecha'thun Shaman as soon as the new expansion is actually live and we have an idea of what you can expect to go up against on the ladder.
Mecha'thun Shaman tips, combos and synergies
Take a bit of time to brush up on the basics of Mecha'thun Shaman's combos. You have a very specific win-condition here, and these tips will help you understand how to reach it efficiently.
- You can use Earth Shock to remove the keyword and stat buffs of an enemy minion, then hit it for a single point of damage.
- Both Zap! and Crushing Hand are in this deck to obliterate your Mecha'thun. If the Mech monster has taken two damage or more, make sure you don't drop the Crushing Hand on it while you still have Zap! in your hand - use the latter spell first!
- Two cards that combo well with Electra Stormsurge are Elementary Reaction and Far Sight. This will help you draw through your deck, and is a particularly good play after trashing your unnecessary early-game cards with Hemet, Jungle Hunter.
- Murmuringing Elemental has strong synergy with Galvanizer, allowing you to reduce the cost of Mecha'thun twice with one play.
- At the end of each turn your active Mana Tide Totem will draw a card from your deck and add it to your hand. Getting a couple of draws from this post-Hemet will likely prove to be a huge advantage.
- As we've mentioned already in this guide, combining Acolyte of Pain with Volcano will very often get you a full draw of three cards.
- If your opponent has dropped four or more minions on the board, you can pinch one of them - at random - using Mind Control Tech.
- A final reminder. You activate your Mecha'thun play by making sure it's the only minion on the board, there are no more cards in your deck pile, and you use all of the Crushing Hand / Zap! spells in your hand to kill it. Good luck!