Our Mecha'thun Druid deck list guide features the best Rastakhan deck list for Season 57 of Hearthstone (December 2018). Our Mecha'thun Druid guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mecha'thun Druid is one of the new Hearthstone decks that came to prominence during the Boomsday meta and is built around this same mighty Mech. The win-condition of this deck is to kill Mecha'thun while it's the only minion on your side of the board, and you have no other cards in your hand, and your deck is completely empty.
To achieve this requires a very deliberate strategy built around a core combo of cards. In our complete guide to the archetype, we've got the best version of the deck in play right now, a guide to Mulliganing your starting hand, insight into the strategy involved and a breakdown of all the combos in the deck.
If the deck continues to perform well we'll continue to build out this article with more tips, and we'll also keep tracking the deck list as long as it remains part of the competitive meta.
Mecha'thun Druid deck list and strategy
This is the deck list that's proving strongest at this early stage of the Rastakhan meta. If changes are necessary then we'll tweak the list over time!
|2 x Innervate||2 x Arcane Tyrant|
|2 x Lesser Jasper Spellstone||1 x Mecha'thun|
|2 x Naturalize|
|2 x Wild Growth|
|2 x Wrath|
|2 x Ferocious Howl|
|2 x Branching Paths|
|2 x Ironwood Golem|
|2 x Oaken Summons|
|2 x Swipe|
|2 x Nourish|
|1 x Starfall|
|2 x Spreading Plague|
|1 x Malfurion the Pestilent|
|1 x Ultimate Infestation|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICBFaHzgKZ0wLx+wINQF/pAf4BxAbkCKDNApTSApjSAp7SAtvTAoTmAr/yAgA=
- 1. Best Rastakhan Decks - Best Rastakhan Decks
- 2. Budget Rastakhan Decks - Budget Rastakhan Decks
- 3. Taunt Druid - Taunt Druid deck list guide (Rastakhan)
- 4. Malygos Druid - Malygos Druid deck list guide (Rastakhan)
- 5. Mecha'thun Druid - Mecha'thun Druid deck list guide (Rastakhan)
- 6. Token Druid - Token Druid deck list guide (Rastakhan)
- 7. Undatakah Druid - Undatakah Druid deck list guide (Rastakhan
- 8. Togwaggle Druid - Togwaggle Druid deck list guide (Rastakhan)
- 9. Gonk Druid - Gonk Druid deck list guide (Rastakhan)
- 10. Tier List - Hearthstone: Tier List (Rastakhan)
As with many a ramp deck in Hearthstone, your priority is to get up to ten Mana as quickly as possible using cards like Wild Growth and Nourish. You also need to draw into the pieces of your game-winning puzzle, and Ferocious Howl and Branching Paths play a key part of this.
As you thin through your deck you want to end up with just Mecha'thun, Innervate and Naturalize in your hand. With the board clear, you can put the Mech into play, then Innervate out your Naturalize to destroy it and win the game.
Mecha'thun Druid Mulligan guide
Here are the key cards to watch out for during the Mulligan phase:
- 1. Wild Growth - Ramping up is vital with his deck, and Wild Growth is a vital early-game part of that strategy.
- 2. Oaken Summons - A great source of defence which pulls Ironwood Golem into play.
- 3. Nourish - More Mana-ramp, although it's not impossible that you'll use it for card draw. This should be the exception, rather than the rule though.
Mecha'thun Druid tips, combos and synergies
Here's how all of the cards in this take on Mecha'thun Druid synergise with one another. As our recommended deck list changes over time, we'll make sure this section accurately reflects those changes.
- Innervate allows you to gain one extra Mana for free on the turn in question. Make sure you play this after Mecha'thun so you don't convert it into a card-draw spell!
- Despite its flexibility, you almost always want to use Branching Paths for its card draw potential.
- Oaken Summons always brings Ironwood Golem into play if it's tucked in your deck, as it's the only minion that qualifies for the process.
- Nourish is another card that has flexibility for either card draw or increased Mana. Make your choice depending on what you need more of at the time it shows up in your hand.
- Play a five or more Mana cost spell on the same turn and you can bring Arcane Tyrant onto the board for free. Qualifying spells are Nourish, Starfall, Spreading Plague and Ultimate Infestation.
- When you cast Spreading Plague, a friendly 1 / 5 Taunt minion will be summoned. If the opponent has more minions on the board than you do at that point, the spell is cast again. This repeats until you both have the same number of minions in play.
- Lesser Jasper Spellstone deals two damage to a minion in its basic form. Gain three Armor though and the damage increases to four points. Gain another three Armor and the damage maxes out at six.
- Play Wild Growth as early on each match as you can. The sooner you play it, the more you'll benefit from the extra Mana across the entire game.
- Ferocious Howl draws you a card and then gifts you Armor equivalent to the number of cards you have in your hand at that time.