Our Mecha'thun Druid deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 54 of Boomsday (September 2018). Our Mecha'thun Druid guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mecha'thun Druid is one of the new Hearthstone decks in the Boomsday meta that's built around this might Mech. The win-condition of this deck is to kill Mecha'thun while it's the only minion on your side of the board, and you have no other cards in your hand, and your deck is completely empty.
To achieve this requires a very deliberate strategy built around a core combo of cards. In our complete guide to the archetype, we've got the best version of the deck in play right now, a guide to Mulliganing your starting hand, insight into the strategy involved and a breakdown of all the combos in the deck.
If the deck continues to perform well we'll continue to build out this article with more tips, and we'll also keep tracking the deck list as long as it remains part of the competitive meta.
UPDATE - SEPTEMBER #1
Mecha'thun Druid really isn't seeing a lot of play in the current competitive meta, but we wanted to showcase an improved version of the deck for those of you messing around with it. Pick up the new Deck ID below the list itself and re-familiarise yourself with the updated combos before hitting the ladder.
Mecha'thun Druid deck list and strategy
At this stage of the Boomsday meta this would appear to be the strongest version of the deck.
|2 x Innervate||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Moonfire||2 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer|
|2 x Barkskin||1 x Mecha'thun|
|2 x Biology Project|
|2 x Lesser Jasper Spellstone|
|2 x Naturalize|
|2 x Wild Growth|
|2 x Wrath|
|2 x Ferocious Howl|
|2 x Branching Paths|
|2 x Swipe|
|2 x Nourish|
|1 x Malfurion the Pestilent|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICApnTAvH7Ag5AX+kB/gHTA8QGpAf2B+QIktICmNICntICv/ICj/YCAA==
As with many a ramp deck in Hearthstone, your priority is to get up to ten Mana as quickly as possible using cards like Wild Growth, Biology Project and Nourish. You also need to draw into the pieces of your game winning puzzle, and Ferocious Howl and Branching Paths play a key part of this. You've a lot of cheap cards to empower Gadgetzan Auctioneer with as well.
As you thin through your deck you want to end up with just Mecha'thun, Innervate and Naturalize in your hand. With the board clear, you can put the Mech into play, then Innervate out your Naturalize to destroy it and win the game.
Mecha'thun Druid Mulligan guide
As your first priority is to both ramp up your Mana reserves and draw into your combo pieces, you should prioritise cards like Wild Growth, Branching Paths and Nourish.
You are vulnerable against aggro decks that want to finish things fast, however, in which case you might want to consider keeping cards like Wrath, Swipe or Lesser Jasper Spellstone.
Mecha'thun Druid tips, combos and synergies
Here's how all of the cards in this take on Mecha'thun Druid synergise with one another. As our recommended deck list changes over time, we'll make sure this section accurately reflects those changes.
- Innervate allows you to gain one extra Mana for free on the turn in question. Make sure you play this after Mecha'thun so you don't convert it into a card-draw spell!
- Wild Pyromancer dishes out a point of damage to every minion after you play a spell. Remember that the spell effect goes off first, and then the Pyromancer does his damage.
- Every time you play a spell, Gadgetzan Auctioneer will draw you a card. Use this when you can combo it with your cheapest spells on the same turn, to maximise its effect before the opponent removes the minion.
- Despite its flexibility, you almost always want to use Branching Paths for its card draw potential.
- Nourish is another card that has flexibility for either card draw or increased Mana. Make your choice depending on what you need more of at the time it shows up in your hand.
- Biology Project is a new card that rewards both players with two extra Mana Crystals when played. As generous as this sounds, keep in mind that you can plan your deck for ramping up whereas your opponent cannot.
- Lesser Jasper Spellstone deals two damage to a minion in its basic form. Gain three Armor though and the damage increases to four points. Gain another three Armor and the damage maxes out at six.
- Play Wild Growth as early on each match as you can. The sooner you play it, the more you'll benefit from the extra Mana across the entire game.
- Ferocious Howl draws you a card and then gifts you Armor equivalent to the number of cards you have in your hand at that time.