Our Mech Warrior deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 53 of Boomsday (August 2018). Our Mech Warrior guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mech Warrior isn't having quite the impact on the Boomsday meta that we'd hoped for, but it's a very fun deck to play and not least because of the addition of Dr. Boom, Mad Genius to the card set. It's the Warrior who can claim sole access to a hero transformation card in this expansion - following in the footsteps of the Shaman with Hagatha - and there's a firm focus on Mech empowerment.
In this guide to playing the new archetype, we've got a pretty solid deck list which we feel is the best option for the format right now. We've also got some tips on how to complete the Mulligan stage successfully, as well as a teardown of all the combos contained in the latest version of the deck.
If the deck proves more competitive over time, we'll keep updating this guide with deeper insight. For now though, this should be all you need to get started with Mech Warrior this month.
Mech Warrior deck list and strategy
The following deck list is seeing the most competitive play in this early stage of the Boomsday meta. If it's refined over time, we'll swap a new list in.
|2 x Eternium Rover||2 x Mecharoo|
|2 x Omega Assembly||1 x Prince Keleseth|
|2 x Town Crier||2 x Harvest Golem|
|2 x Frothing Berserker||1 x Explodinator|
|2 x Rabid Worgen||2 x Fungalmancer|
|2 x Kor'kron Elite||2 x Giggling Inventor|
|1 x Darius Crowley||2 x Wargear|
|2 x Dyn-o-matic||1 x The Lich King|
|1 x Security Rover|
|1 x Dr. Boom, Mad Genius|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcGws4CnOICze8C5PcCkvgCiYADDByOBYoG0eECuuwCnfAC4vgCg/sCnvsCs/wC9v0CzIEDAA==
- 1. Descent of Dragons - Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Descent of Dragons)
- 3. Best Dragons - 5 Best Dragons in Descent of Dragons
- 4. Galakrond Tempo Warrior - Galakrond Tempo Warrior deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 5. Control Warrior - Control Warrior deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 6. Pirate Warrior - Pirate Warrior deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 7. Highlander Dragon Warrior - Highlander Dragon Warrior deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 8. Quest Warrior - Quest Warrior deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 9. Aggro Warrior - Aggro Warrior deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
Check the combo section at the bottom of this page for an overview of how to actually play the deck. It explains all the synergies that exist in this exact version of Mech Warrior.
Mech Warrior Mulligan guide
Here's our pick of the most important cards to look for when completing the Mulligan stage for Mech Warrior:
- 1. Prince Keleseth - Hands down the most important early-game minion that exists in this deck. The earlier you can get it into play, the more minions will benefit from that incredible mass buffing effect.
- 2. Town Crier - This not only contests the early board well, it'll also draw you either Rabid Worgen or Darius Crowley when played.
- 3. Eternium Rover - Another minion that does a good job of contesting the early game. It also provides you with extra Armor defense as it does its work.
- 4. Mecharoo - An early-game minion which effectively replenishes itself on the board when destroyed.
Mech Warrior tips, combos and synergies
In the early days, the best way to understand the strategy involved in playing Mech Warrior is to make the combos contained in the list second nature. Some of these are old, some of them are new but it never hurts to have a refresher of the basics!
- Every time Eternium Rover takes even a tiny amount of damage, you'll gain two points of Armor. If it's around to get Magnetised by Wargear - or buffed by Fungalmancer - it becomes even more potent.
- In the early-game Town Crier will pull you either Rabid Worgen or Darius Crowley. After Dr. Boom, Mad Genius has been played, however, you've the potential to draw into your army of Rush Mechs.
- If any minion on either side of the board takes damage, Frothing Berserker gains an extra point of Attack strength.
- If you can possibly wait until you have ten Mana before you pop Omega Assembly, then always do so. You won't have to go through the Discovery process, and you'll simply get all three of the Mechs on offer added to your hand. Make sure you have space before casting this spell.
- The bombs created by Explodinator can be empowered by Fungalmancer. In all cases, Fungalmancer gifts the minions adjacent to it an extra +2 / +2 of stats.
- Dyn-o-matic shouldn't cause you too many headaches as it spits out its damage against all non-Mech minions. It can even buff cards like Frothing Berserker.
- Dr. Boom, Mad Genius is the big thematic card of this set. Once played you'll gain seven points of Armor (up from the usual five), your subsequently played Mechs gain the Rush mechanic, and you'll also gain five new Hero Powers which are cycled through at random:
- Blast Shield
- Delivery Drone
- Zap Cannon
- When you hit End Turn, The Lich King will pick a random card from the Death Knight card pool and add it to your hand. These are the options:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|