Our Mech Priest deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 53 of Boomsday (August 2018). Our Mech Priest guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Mech Priest is Hearthstone deck built around the many mechanical minions that were introduced as part of the Boomsday expansion. On top of working these Mech synergies, you also have access to the classic Divine Spirit / Inner Fire Play which can be used to slam a - hopefully - game-ending amount of damage into the opponent's Health pool.
The viability of this one is far from proven right now, so in this first edition of our guide we're highlighting a deck list created for launch, along with a teardown of the combos it contains. We'll add in strategy and Mulligan advice if the deck takes off, but for now that should be all you need to get started. Let us know how you get on with Mech Priest in the comments!
Mech Priest deck list and strategy
Here's a version of Mech Priest that was crafted by Sooni in the early days of the Boomsday meta. If this archetype proves competitive then we'll keep updating this one over time, and as improved versions of the deck are discovered.
|2 x Circle of Healing||2 x Upgradeable Framebot|
|2 x Silence||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Inner Fire||1 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Northshire Cleric||2 x Bronze Gatekeeper|
|2 x Power Word: Shield||2 x Unpowered Steambot|
|2 x Divine Spirit||2 x Wargear|
|2 x Radiant Elemental|
|2 x Shadow Ascendant|
|2 x Shadow Visions|
|1 x Lyra the Sunshard|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAa0GAqUJvsgCDvgC5QT2B9EK0gryDNHBAtjBAqvCAs7MAqvQApf2AqH+AoiCAwA=
- 1. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Rise of Shadows)
- 2. Resurrect Priest - Resurrect Priest deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 3. Silence Priest - Silence Priest deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 4. Nomi Priest - Nomi Priest deck list guide (Rise of Shadows)
- 5. Dalaran Heist - Dalaran Heist Guide
Mech Priest Mulligan guide
We'll update this section with Mulligan advice if the deck proves competitive in the longer-term.
Mech Priest tips, combos and synergies
Reading through the Mech Priest combos should give you a decent grounding in how to play this deck. If it proves competitive we'll be expanding on all sections of this guide considerably, but this should help you get started!
- You can double a minion's Health by targeting it with a Divine Spirit spell - or two - and then converting that Health into Attack damage using Inner Fire. Unpowered Steambot is an obvious target in this regard.
- Whenever a minion is healed your Northshire Cleric will draw a card into your hand. This stacks with multiple minion heals as well, so consider the power of Circle of Healing in this context. If you can inflict a little light damage with Wild Pyromancer first, then you've the potential to draw a lot of cards!
- Upgradeable Framebot's stats can be significantly improved by using a Magnetic minion like Bronze Gatekeeper and Wargear. Place the Magnetic minion to the left of the Framebot and the stats and effects of both minions will be combined into one minion. Place it to the right to keep them separate. Unpowered Steambot is another target in this deck.
- On the subject of Wild Pyromancer, you can use this card to inflict light damage against Acolyte of Pain and gain more card-draw value from the minion as a result.
- All of your spells cost one Mana less as long as Radiant Elemental is out in play, and again this effect stacks with multiple copies of the minion.
- Hit End Turn and your Shadow Ascendant will choose another friendly minion at random and grant it +1 / +1 of stats.
- Lyra the Sunshard gives you a randomly selected Priest spell for each Priest spell you cast while she's out in play.