Our Meatlock deck guide features the best deck list for Season 43, with strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Meatlock is a new kind of Hearthstone deck that exploits the synergy that exists between Meat Wagon and Summoning Portal. If you can get the former onto the board and then have it die, the latter is drawn onto the board automatically, allowing you to then field as disgusting a board presence as your hand will allow you to.
It's very much on the fringes of the meta right now, but it's starting to be played by some of the pros, and to quite a high degree of success as well. For that reason, we wanted to get a quick primer together to help you get started with this very entertaining new archetype.
In this article you'll find a Meatlock deck list that packs a pretty mean punch, along with a breakdown of all the combos that actually fuel the deck. If this deck takes off on the competitive scene, we'll come back and flesh it out with Mulligan advice, match-up strategies, and all the other good stuff you've come to expect from our deck guides.
Meatlock deck list and strategy
Although this archetype was created by player lolNostam, we're highlighting the tweaked version that was recently piloted by DisguisedToast.
|2 x Mortal Coil||2 x Tainted Zealot|
|2 x Defile||2 x Stonehill Defender|
|2 x Hellfire||2 x Tar Creeper|
|2 x Summoning Portal||2 x Corpsetaker|
|1 x Despicable Dreadlord||2 x Meat Wagon|
|2 x Abyssal Enforcer||2 x Bloodworm|
|1 x Tar Lurker|
|2 x Bonemare|
|1 x The Lich King|
|1 x Ysera|
|2 x Sea Giant|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAf0GBKIJ6sEC980Cws4CDdMBtgfJB8QI3bwCm8ICysMC58sCps4Cq9ACkeIClugCl+gCAA==
If this deck proves to be a consistently powerful part of the meta, we'll update this section with strategy advice for dealing with specific opponents. Until then, use the combo section further down the page for an overview of how this deck actually works!
Meatlock tips, combos and synergies
You've almost certainly not played this kind of deck before, so it's well worth taking some time to make a mental note of all the combos contained in this exact deck list.
If you've got any tips of your own, do share them in the comments so we can all get better with this amazing addition to the Hearthstone meta!
- The only card in this deck with a smaller Attack value than Meat Wagon is Summoning Portal. That means if you have one of the latter in your deck somewhere, it's guaranteed to make an appearance on the board when the wagon dies. At that point, all minions in your hand will cost 2 Mana less.
- Tainted Zealot increases the damage value of the following spells by 1: Mortal Coil, Defile and Hellfire.
- Tar Creeper gains 2 extra points of Attack value during your opponent's turn, while Tar Lurker gains 3 Attack. Plan your current turn carefully, so that trading is awkward for your opponent.
- Bonemare can be used to create a defensive wall. It adds +4 / +4 stats to a target friendly minion, and gives it Taunt as well to protect the rest of your minion presence.
- Sea Giant costs 1 Mana less for each other minion you have out on the board. When you factor in the effects of Meat Wagon and Summoning Portal, it's easy to see how this mighty minion can be fielded very cheaply indeed!
- If Defile kills a minion, it'll be cast again. This process repeats until no minions have been killed during any given casts. Note that this affects your own minions as well as the enemy's.
- Remember that cards like Hellfire, and the Battlecry of Abyssal Enforcer, affect both your own minions and your health pool. Make sure you put those minions to good use before you accidentally incinerate them...
- The Lich King has eight special cards in his collection, and while he's active a randomly selected one will be added to your hand at the end of each of your turns. Here's the pool of cards you're drawing from:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|