Our Malygos Rogue deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 53 of Boomsday (August 2018). Our Malygos Rogue guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Malygos Rogue is a deck that seeks to gather plenty of spell damage cards together, get the titular Malygos card in-hand as well, and then use its devastating damage-boosting effect to obliterate the opponent's health pool. In the latest Boomsday edition of the deck, you also have the means to create multiple Malygos minions as we'll explain.
Like so many Rogue decks, it is not easy to play Malygos Rogue to a consistently high standard. If you've shied away from other Rogue decks that rely on juggling complex combos, you should probably give this one a miss as well. If, on the other hand, you live to pile calculation onto calculation, then you're going to love playing this robust deck.
In our first Malygos Rogue update for the new meta you'll find a theorycrafted deck list and an overview of the strategy involved in played it - expect big updates for that section once the expansion is under way. We'll add in Mulligan advice when the meta is live, but you can get a breakdown of all the card combos at the bottom of the page.
UPDATE - THE BOOMSDAY PROJECT
We've replaced our original recommended deck list with one cooked together by a true Hearthtone pro. We'll continue monitoring this one as it's played throughout the early days of the Boomsday meta and will make any updates that are required.
Malygos Rogue deck list and strategy
This version of Malygos Rogue was created by MrYagut for the start of Boomsday. As the deck list is refined we'll make sure it's highlighted here and we'll adjust the rest of our guide to match the changes.
|2 x Backstab||1 x Fire Fly|
|2 x Preparation||2 x Tar Creeper|
|1 x Evasion||2 x Giggling Inventor|
|2 x Eviscerate||1 x Malygos|
|1 x Razorpetal Lasher|
|2 x Sap|
|1 x Edwin VanCleef|
|2 x Fan of Knives|
|2 x SI:7 Agent|
|1 x Kobold Illusionist|
|1 x Necrium Vial|
|2 x Vilespine Slayer|
|2 x Vanish|
|2 x Sprint|
|1 x Valeera the Hollow|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaIHCOz8AvDmAt/jAoDTAuvCAvjBArQDsgIL4vgCysMCgcIChgndCIgH mwX2BM0DxAG0AQA=
- 1. Odd Rogue - Odd Rogue deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 2. Deathrattle Rogue - Deathrattle Rogue deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 3. Miracle Rogue - Miracle Rogue deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 4. Kingsbane Rogue - Malygos Rogue deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 5. Puzzle Lab - Puzzle Lab guide
- 6. Best Decks - Best Boomsday Decks
- 7. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list
We'll be adding in detailed strategy advice one we've played the deck in the live meta, but here's a broad overview of what you're trying to achieve with Malygos Rogue.
Your main objective is to get Malygos - or multiple copies of the card - onto the board so that your damage spells are significantly increased in strength. Cards like Eviscerate, Shiv and the spells from Razorpetal Lasher are key parts of that game-finishing damage.
In the latest Boomsday version of the archetype, you have a new way to spawn Malygos. Targeting Kobold Illusionist with Necrium Vial will spawn a pair of Dragons for you. If you can mix in Preparation first, you've the potential to unload a large number of your damage spells on a late-game turn, and get the match wrapped up and finished with.
That's the fundamentals of playing the deck, then. Check the combo section for a detailed breakdown of how the cards synergise with one another. This more than anything will give you the insight you need to pilot the deck in the early days.
Malygos Rogue Mulligan guide
We will add Mulligan advice to this section once the new expansion is actually live and we've had a chance to pilot this deck in the new meta.
Malygos Rogue tips, combos and synergies
Malygos Rogue is not an easy deck for new players, and it's vital you always keep track of your maths to see just how close you are to lethal damage. To help you get on top of all that, here's a look at all of the core synergies available in this collection of cards.
- Casting Preparation means the next spell you cast on the same turn will cost three Mana less. There's important synergy here with Kobold Illusionist and Necrium Vial, allowing you to potentially summon multiple Malygos minions and have Mana left over to dish out huge damage. Preparation and Sprint is another common play.
- Eviscerate, Shiv and Razorpetal Lasher are all powerful parts of your game-ending Malygos turn, so calculate your damage potential carefully at all times. Play something before Eviscerate to get that bonus damage.
- Edwin VanCleef gains +2 / +2 of stats for each card you played on the same turn, before putting him out onto the board.
- SI:7 Agent requires another card to be played first if you want to trigger that Battlecry damage. Vilespine Slayer is another card that requires an earlier play.
- Keep in mind that Tar Creeper only possesses bonus Attack damage on the other player's turn, not your own.
- Casting Valeera the Hollow grants you immunity for a turn and adds a token to your hand. Each turn that token turns into a copy of the last card you played, helping you achieve your big spell damage finale.
- When planning your damage output, keep in mind that all spells become five points more powerful when Malygos is out on the board. If you have more than one Malygos in play, that damage boost stacks!