Our Malygos Priest deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 53 of Boomsday (August 2018). Our Malygos Priest guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Malygos Priest is a Hearthstone deck that's built around the Priest's relatively inexpensive spell damage cards and the mighty empowerment of those cards that's provided by Malygos. If you can reach a late-game position where you have one or more of these Dragons on the board, you should be able to obliterate the opponent in one fell swoop.
In our guide to playing this archetype, we've got a deck list created specifically for the Boomsday meta, along with an overview of the strategy required to play it. Finally we've summarised all of the combos contained in this list, and will have some Mulligan tips for you in a future update.
Malygos Priest deck list and strategy
Here's a Malygos Priest deck list that was created by Kartoha at the very start of the Boomsday meta. If a more refined version of the archetype becomes apparent, we'll update this article.
|2 x Holy Smite||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|2 x Power Word: Shield||1 x Malygos|
|2 x Radiant Elemental|
|2 x Shadow Visions|
|2 x Shadow Word: Pain|
|2 x Spirit Lash|
|2 x Shadow Word: Death|
|1 x Vivid Nightmare|
|1 x Mass Dispel|
|1 x Holy Nova|
|2 x Holy Fire|
|2 x Mind Blast|
|2 x Lesser Diamond Spellstone|
|1 x Prophet Velen|
|2 x Psychic Scream|
|1 x Shadowreaper Anduin|
|1 x Zerek's Cloning Gallery|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAa0GCI2CA4L3ApDTAtYKyQbtBbQDCQvj6QLo0ALwzwLYwQLRwQLXCtUK 0wrlBKEElwIA
In very simply terms your objective with this deck is to get at least one Malygos out in play, and then use your damage spells to obliterate the opponent. Cards like Radiant Elemental can help you get more damage done in one go, as can the new Hero Power provided by Shadowreaper Anduin.
Cards like Zerek's Cloning Gallery can help you field an impressive board presence that empowers this burst damage, while Lesser Diamond Spellstone can be used to resurrect crucial components of the deck that have perished.
It's a deck that requires you to keep very close track of your damage potential at all times, and capitalise on it to end the game without delay. We've got more detail on how the cards in this deck synergise with each other in the combo section, but here's a quick list of how Malygos boosts your damage spells, depending on whether there's one or two of the Dragons on the board:
1 x Malygos
- Holy Smite - 7 Damage (1 Mana)
- Mind Blast - 10 Damage (2 Mana)
- Holy Fire - 10 Damage (6 Mana)
2 x Malygos
- Holy Smite - 12 Damage (1 Mana)
- Mind Blast - 15 Damage (2 Mana)
- Holy Fire - 15 Damage (6 Mana)
Remember that Radiant Elemental reduces the cost of spells by one Mana, and if you have two of these minions on the board then that reduction effect is doubled. You must also consider the extra firepower provided by Shadowreaper Anduin and Prophet Velen.
Malygos Priest Mulligan guide
We'll update this section with Mulligan advice once the Boomsday Project meta has settled down a little bit.
Malygos Priest tips, combos and synergies
You need to be on top of all the card combos if you're going to take this deck to the ladder, so here's a comprehensive look at all the synergies that are available in this list:
- As long as Bloodmage Thalnos is out in play, the strength of your spells will be increased by a single point. Thalnos also draws a card from your deck when he dies.
- Your spells cost one Mana less while Radiant Elemental is out in play, and this effect also stacks if you have multiple copies of the minion in play.
- If Malygos is on the board by whatever means, then you can use Vivid Nightmare to duplicate the Dragon and stack that incredible amount of extra spell damage.
- Mass Dispel will remove any buffs or vanilla effects on every single minion that exists on your opponent's side of the board.
- In its basic form, Lesser Diamond Spellstone resurrects two different friendly minions that died earlier on in the match. If you can cast four spells while this is in your hand that increases to three resurrections. Cast four more spells and the card maxes out at four summons.
- Shadowreaper Anduin gives you a new Hero Power which does two points of damage at a target. Each time you play a card this gets refreshed so you can use it again. You need to look at your lethal damage potential carefully once you've gathered your spell cards and have Malygos ready to go.
- The damage from your post-Anduin Hero Power is doubled if Prophet Velen is out on the board. Keep this in mind as you cycle through your damage cards.
- When cast, Zerek's Cloning Gallery adds a 1 / 1 copy of every minion in your deck to the board. Just remember that you can only have seven minions active at any given time.
- All of your spells do five extra points of damage while Malygos is out in play. If you have multiple copies of the creature active, then that damage boost stacks multiple times.