Our Malygos Druid deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 52 of The Witchwood (July 2018). Our Malygos Druid guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Malygos Druid is a Hearthstone deck archetype that builds up slowly but likes to end with a particularly powerful bang. As you control the match throughout the early to mid-game, you simultaneously seek to increase the number of damage-dealing spells in your hand by various means, until you can combine them with Malygos for a massive spell-damage finish. The idea is that this final burst should pack enough of a punch to end the game in a single turn.
In this updated edition of our Malygos Druid guide, we've highlighted one of the most competitive deck lists that you can use right now, then followed up with a quick overview of the strategy involved in playing this deck. After that, we've got some handy Mulligan advice for you so you get off to a strong start, and also broken down the core combos you need to keep in mind.
Got any questions? Let us know in the comments section and we'll do our best to answer them for you! Don't forget to share your tips too, so we can include them in a future update to our Malygos> Druid guide.
UPDATE - JULY 2018 #3
As Malygos Druid is a bit of a new kid on the block we've been keeping an eye on this one throughout the month to see if there are any major changes for the archetype. We're pretty satisfied that our recommended deck list is still the best one, so just keep playing it as you have been during July so far.
Malygos Druid deck list and strategy
The Malygos Druid deck appears to be the one achieving the best win-rate in the current meta. We'll keep checking in on it though, and will update our recommended list as necessary.
|1 x Innervate||2 x Arcane Tyrant|
|2 x Moonfire||1 x Faceless Manipulator|
|2 x Lesser Jasper Spellstone||1 x The Lich King|
|2 x Naturalize||1 x Alexstrasza|
|2 x Wild Growth||1 x Malygos|
|1 x Wrath|
|2 x Ferocious Howl|
|2 x Branching Paths|
|2 x Swipe|
|1 x Twig of the World Tree|
|2 x Nourish|
|2 x Spreading Plague|
|1 x Malfurion the Pestilent|
|2 x Ultimate Infestation|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICCP4BtAOTBMUExAbCzgKZ0wKb6AILQF/pAdMD5AigzQKHzgKY0gKe0gLb0wK/8gIA
The core objective of playing Malygos Druid is to make it to the end-game with one charge of Twig of the World Tree left on your weapon and Malygos in your hand. Pop Malygos onto the board, hit anything with the weapon, and then enjoy having ten Mana Crystals to unleash arcane hell with.
If you've Faceless Manipulator in hand then you can copy your Malygos for even more deadly spell power, and then use cards such as Moonfire or Swipe to dish out a game-ending amount of damage. Just be aware that if your Twig gets broken earlier then it'll be a tougher struggle to finish off the match in your favour.
That's less of a concern against aggro decks who'll be going for a faster finish, but in these kinds of match-ups don't forget that you have plenty of other late-game tools to play around with and cause them frustration.
If this happens against more control-orientated opponents then it's a tougher hill to climb, although you do still have some decent finishing damage with a pure Malygos / Moonfire combo. Your Dragon may even live to fight another turn as well, so it's by no means curtains.
More great Druid guides:
Malygos Druid Mulligan guide
The following cards are your priority keeps in pretty much all match ups:
- 1. Wild Growth - Hands-down the most important card to dig for, as the sooner you can play it the more benefit you'll gain across every turn in the match at hand.
- 2. Twig of the World Tree - Not only does that help you chip away at feeble minions, you also seek to build up to its destruction and a big Mana boost.
- 3. Nourish - Although a lower priority than the first two cards, this will help you ramp up faster or draw extra fuel if you've a truly dreadful hand to deal with the opponent in front of you.
Malygos Druid tips, combos and synergies
Here are the most important card synergies that you have at your disposal when playing Malygos Druid:
- Casting Wild Growth grants you an extra Mana point for the remainder of the match. The earlier you play this spell the better.
- Lesser Jasper Spellstone starts off doing two damage to a target minion and costs one Mana. If you gain three points of Armor, however, the damage value increases to four. Gain another three Armor and the card tops out as a six-damage spell.
- Ferocious Howl draws a card from your deck, and then applies a point of Armor for each card you have in your hand at the time.
- The following spells will allow you to play Arcane Tyrant for free on the same turn: Nourish, Spreading Plague and Ultimate Infestation.
- When Twig of the World Tree is destroyed or just used up, you'll gain ten Mana Crystals to spend as you see fit! You can time this with a late-game Malygos play to get a one kill turn on the opponent with your damage spells.
- Spreading Plague will continue spitting out minions until you have the same number as your opponent. This has obvious synergy with your card buffing options outlined above.
- Malygos increases the strength of the following spells by an extra five points of damage: Moonfire, Wrath, Swipe, Starfall and Ultimate Infestation.
- Faceless Manipulator can be used to duplicate the spell damage effect of Malygos and can be achieved on the same turn with a broken Twig of the World Tree. Slam that Moonfire damage home!
- Hit End Turn and your active Lich King will provide you with one of eight randomly chosen cards:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|