Our Heal Zoolock deck list guide features the best deck list for The Witchwood (July 2018). Our Heal Zoolock guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Heal Zoolock is a Hearthstone deck that plays a lot like its classic Zoo Warlock counterpart, but it's a distinct enough beast at this early stage that we wanted to give it its own deck spotlight.
As the name suggests, this is an archetype that plays into the game's Neutral source of healing in order to both maintain a board state - not to mention your hero - and empower cards like Lightwarden.
In this article you'll find an overview of the strongest deck list seeing play right now, as well as some Mulligan tips and a closer look at all the card combos contained within the deck.
That should be enough to get you started for now, and we'd loved to hear how you're getting on with it in the comments. If this proves to be the new dominant version of Zoo then we'll likely merge our articles, but for now here's everything you need to know about playing this fresh twist on an old favourite.
Heal Zoolock deck list and strategy
Heal Zoolock is a new approach for the archetype and so the deck list will likely be refined a great deal in the coming weeks. This is the list that we think is most powerful right now, however.
|2 x Flame Imp||2 x Lightwarden|
|2 x Kobold Librarian||2 x Voodoo Doctor|
|2 x Soulfire||1 x Prince Keleseth|
|2 x Voidwalker||2 x Fungal Enchanter|
|2 x Despicable Dreadlord||2 x Happy Ghoul|
|2 x Tar Creeper|
|1 x Void Ripper|
|2 x Lifedrinker|
|2 x Saronite Chain Gang|
|1 x Spellbreaker|
|2 x Fungalmancer|
|1 x Leeroy Jenkins|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAf0GBK8E8gWc4gL96gINMIQBzgfCCPcMysMCm8sC980Cn84C8tAC0eECh+gC7/ECAA==
See the card combo section towards the bottom of this page for a strategic overview of playing Heal Zoolock.
More great Druid guides:
Heal Zoolock Mulligan guide
As a general rule of thumb you'll find the following cards to be very strong keeps in the current meta.
- 1. Prince Keleseth - The highest priority card by far. Getting this minion out on Turn 2 (or Turn 1 with The Coin) is just about the biggest play you can make with this deck.
- 2. Flame Imp - Not only is this a very powerful Turn 1 play, you also have access to plenty of healing opportunities to negate that Battlecry penalty.
- 3. Kobold Librarian - A great early-game source of board presence and a Battlecry that effectively gives you a free use of Life Tap. Fantastic value in every match-up.
Heal Zoolock tips, combos and synergies
Here's a closer look at every combo that exists in this particular take on Heal Zoolock. Take note of all these and you'll be ready for the ladder in no time:
- Don't worry about the negative Battlecry effects of Flame Imp and Kobold Librarian. As a Warlock you should be comfortable sacrificing health for value anyway, and you now have plenty of healing to play with as well.
- Lightwarden gains two points of attack damage every time your hero or a minion is healed. Note that the boosting effect of Fungalmancer does not count in this context.
- Once played onto the board, Prince Keleseth grants every minion remaining in your deck pile an extra +1 / +1 of stats. This is a huge play, and you should always aim to get the Prince out on the board as quickly as possible.
- Happy Ghoul is free to play as long as your Hero was healed on the same turn. Careful where you point your healing if this is part of your plan.
- Tar Creeper only has its extra attacking strength on the opponent's turn, so work that into your planning when it comes to making trades.
- Void Ripper will flip the attack and health of all minions when played. It's possible to gain quite a bit of extra burst damage by exploiting health-heavy minions in this way.
- When you hit End Turn, your active Despicable Dreadlord will deliver one point of damage to all enemy minions. It's important that you allow for this when trading, and avoid any unnecessary overkill.
- If you place Fungalmancer between two minions, they'll each be granted an extra +2 / +2 of stats.