Our Hakkar Druid deck list guide features the best Rastakhan deck list for Season 59 of Hearthstone (February 2019). Our Hakkar Druid guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Hakkar Druid is a Hearthstone deck made for the memes, but may yet actually turn out to be a legitimately viable choice in the Rastakhan meta. Similar to the Togwaggle Druid of old, the aim with Hakkar Druid is to empty out your deck as fast as possible, load up your draw pile with Corrupted Blood after killing Hakkar, the Soulflayer and then swap decks with your opponent to force them to draw all the Corrupted Blood spells.
That is a fairly straightforward explanation of the overarching plan with the deck, although rewiring your brain to execute it successfully is a whole other challenge entirely. The damage potential, however, is quite ridiculous and thanks to the Druid’s amour generation strengths, you can survive for long enough to set the combo in action.
It’s an interesting and frankly ridiculous deck for you to try if you’re looking for something far from the norm in Rastakhan’s Rumble. Be warned, however, that hard counters exist such as Skulking Geist, so if you run into them they can shut down the deck entirely.
While it’s still a very niche pick in the meta, though, you shouldn’t bump into them too much. Enjoy playing this unique deck while you can, and we’ll look at updating this guide with additional info should Hakkar Druid find a more permanent place in the meta.
Hakkar Druid deck list and strategy
Here's the most popular Hakkar Druid deck that's seeing play at the moment:
|2 x Innervate||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Moonfire||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Pounce||2 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer|
|2 x Barkskin||1 x King Togwaggle|
|2 x Biology Project||1 x Hakkar, the Soulflayer|
|2 x Earthen Scales|
|2 x Lesser Jasper Spellstone|
|2 x Naturalize|
|1 x Wrath|
|2 x Ferocious Howl|
|2 x Branching Paths|
|1 x Flobbidinous Floop|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICBMQG9fwC/esClooDDf4B0wPGhgOS0gKP9gL5wAKY0gLpAfYH+wy/8gKe0gKkBwA=
- 1. Descent of Dragons - Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Descent of Dragons)
- 3. Best Dragons - 5 Best Dragons in Descent of Dragons
- 4. Token Druid - Token Druid deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 5. Treant Druid - Treant Druid deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 6. Quest Druid - Quest Druid deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 7. Dragon Ramp Druid - Dragon Ramp Druid deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
Hakkar Druid tips, combos and synergies
There are a number of combos that vitally important to playing Hakkar Druid successfully. We’ve listed the ones you absolutely need to know about below:
- In its most primitive form, Lesser Jasper Spellstone only does two damage to a target. Gain three Armor though and that value increases to four. Gain another three Armor while it's in your hand and it maxes out at six damage.
- Note that Wild Pyromancer will inflict a point of damage to all minions when you cast a spell while he's out on the board.
- Once Hakkar, the Soulflayer dies it will shuffle a copy of Corrupted Blood into each player’s deck. When this card is drawn it will deal three damage and shuffle two new copies of Corrupted Blood into their deck. Eventually, your deck will be taken over by Corrupted Blood cards and kill you.
- Cast a spell while Gadgetzan Auctioneer is out in play and you'll gain an extra card. You have lots of cheap spells to empower this process, so make sure you get good value from the minion.
- King Togwaggle will swap all of the remaining cards in each player’s deck. Your opponent will get a Ransom card that allows them to switch back, but if you’ve pulled off the combo correctly they’ll be dead on their next turn before they even have a chance to do so!
- You’ll want to focus on card draw so you can empty your deck as fast as possible to fill it back up with Corrupted Blood. Use Branching Paths, Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Acolyte of Pain as your main card draw sources
- Armor gain is also important so you can survive into the late game and take a few hits from Corrupted Blood if necessary. Thankfully, you have cards such as Ferocious Howl, Barkskin and Branching Paths to do just that.