Our Fungalmancer Warlock deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 47 (February 2018), along with card combos and strategy tips
Fungalmancer Warlock is a new Hearthstone deck that's attracting quite a lot of attention at the moment. Although the titular card has a rather unimpressive set of stats for its cost, it's that Battlecry effect that's proving interesting in a post-Bonemare world. That the deck itself is remarkably cheap compared to its effectiveness on the ladder is just another reason to want to highlight it on Metabomb.
It actually plays a lot like the Zoo Warlock archetype you're almost certainly familiar with, where you take more of a controlling position in the early-game before speeding up your damage output from the mid-game onwards. As we've already mentioned, it's also cheap - like Zoo used to be before expansion creep set in.
In our first guide to Fungalmancer Warlock we're keeping things pretty simple and will be highlighting a popular version of the deck, followed by a breakdown of the combos. At this stage that should be enough to get you started, although if the deck's popularity increases we'll flesh it out further so it more closely resembles our other Hearthstone deck guides.
This is the deck list created by kobrack:
|2 x Flame Imp||1 x Fire Fly|
|2 x Kobold Librarian||2 x Dire Wolf Alpha|
|2 x Malchezaar's Imp||1 x Tar Creeper|
|2 x Soulfire||1 x Vicious Fledgling|
|2 x Voidwalker||1 x Saronite Chain Gang|
|2 x Vulgar Homunculus||2 x Spellbreaker|
|2 x Darkshire Councilman||2 x Cobalt Scalebane|
|2 x Crystalweaver||2 x Fungalmancer|
|2 x Doomguard|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAf0GBJ/CAuvCAsrDApvLAg0w9wTyBc4H2QfCCLSsAry2Ase7AsrLAvHQAvLQAtHhAgA=
More great Warlock guides:
There's a good chance you've not played this deck before, so take a bit of time to study the following combos. These should give you a pretty good grounding in the strategy involved in playing Fungalmancer Warlock.
- Ignore the negative Battlecry effect of Kobold Librarian. As a Warlock you should be very comfortable sacrificing a little Health for card advantage, and this character is an incredibly powerful Turn 1 play.
- If Malchezaar's Imp is out on the board, you'll gain an extra card from your deck pile for every card you lose via the Discard mechanic. Cards that synergise in this context are Soulfire and Doomguard.
- After he's been played Darkshire Councilman gains an extra point of Attack strength every time you summon a minion onto the board.
- When you pop Crystalweaver onto the board, any Demon-class minions you already have out in play will gain an extra +1 / +1 of stats. For that reason you need to plan the ordering of your turn quite carefully, and make sure you've fielded any Demons you want to see buffed first.
- Try to be smart with your positioning of Dire Wolf Alpha. We like to keep one side of the board for bigger minions and another side for weak minions. That way you can use the Wolf to buff up the weak guys, which is especially useful if you need to sacrifice a few of them into a big minion, and want that buff to cycle between multiple friendly minions.
- Tar Creeper only gains its extra Attack value on your opponent's turn. It might be worth doing a little partial trading to set your opponent up with a more awkward problem to deal with when control's handed over to them.
- At the end of your turn, an active Cobalt Scalebane will choose another friendly minion at random and grant it an extra three points of Attack. Although the Scalebane can't target itself, it can target another Scalebane!
- Drop Fungalmancer between two other friendly minions and they'll permanently gain an extra + 2 / + 2 of stats.
- Each time that Vicious Fledgling attacks the opponent's hero it'll be put through the Adapt process. This means you get to choose one of three buffs randomly selection from the pool of options below. Ideally you'll grant the Fledgling Windfury as an initial buff, as this'll allow it to be buffed again after the second attack has been carried out.
|Crackling Shield||Divine Shield|
|Flaming Claws||+3 Attack|
|Liquid Membrane||Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers|
|Living Spores||Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants|
|Rocky Carapace||+3 Health|
|Shrouding Mist||Stealth until your next turn|
|Volcanic Might||+1 / +1 stats|