Our Frog Shaman deck list guide contains early thoughts on a Rastakhan deck list for the Hearthstone archetype. Our Frog Shaman guide will also be updated with Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Frog Shaman is a Hearthstone deck that uses the draw effect from the Spirit of the Frog card to chain together a number of increasingly more expensive spells to burn down or overwhelm your opponent.
Both aggro and burn versions of the deck are being theorycrafted at the moment, but the Shaman's Spirit card is the cornerstone that both are built around.
With the aggro version, the plan is to build up a strong board presence early with Overload minions, which synergises with cards such as Tunnel Trogg and Likkim for a fast kill with Bloodlust. It uses the Spirit of the Frog card less obviously, but can give you a lot of board clear options if you get a spell chain going.
On the other hand, the burn version is all about working towards a single turn where you can cast multiple damage spells directly at your opponent’s life total to burst them down. Chains of cards such as Lightning Bolt into Rockbiter Weapon into Lava Burst represent some serious surprise damage that can potentially finish off opponents.
We’ve highlighted those cards and many of the others we feel will be relevant to Frog Shaman in the list below.
UPDATE - RASTAKHAN'S RUMBLE LAUNCH
It will take us a while to get Metabomb fully updated with the new Rastakhan set, but we wanted to bring you a new version of Frog Shaman so you can start playing it right away.
This launch version of the deck was created by Trump.
Frog Shaman deck list - Rastakhan’s Rumble launch
|2 x Zap||2 x Fire Fly|
|2 x Lightning Bolt||2 x Saronite Taskmaster|
|2 x Voltaic Burst|
|2 x Earthen Might|
|2 x Flametongue Totem|
|2 x Likkim|
|2 x Rockbiter Weapon|
|1 x Electra Stormsurge|
|2 x Lava Burst|
|2 x Spirit of the Frog|
|2 x Unbound Elemental|
|2 x Thunderhead|
|2 x Doomhammer|
|1 x Krag'wa, the Frog|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaoIApn7AsGJAw7vAeAC+QOGBuAG8AfrwgKw8AL28AKP+wKc/wKMhQP2igPsjAMA
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Galakrond Shaman - Galakrond Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Murloc Shaman - Murloc Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Big Shaman - Big Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Aggro Overload Shaman - Aggro Overload Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Shaman - Quest Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Once things have settled down a little we’ll be overhauling all of our deck articles, including this one. For now, the content below this point refers to an old version of the article.
Frog Shaman - Cards
These are the cards likely to prove an important part of the final Frog Shaman list that emerges:
- Spirit of the Frog – The new card from the Rastakhan’s Rumble set that’s inspired this deck archetype. If you chain enough spells together you can eke out some incredible value from it in a single turn or two.
- Haunting Vision – Has a powerful mana cost reduction effect and also allows you to Discover a new spell so the effect can be immediate. It only gets even more powerful with Spirit of the Frog, as you can use it to restart your spell chain back at a lower mana cost.
- Totemic Smash – Seems to have some decent value at one mana for two damage while the totem it summons could also improve your future plays, especially if it’s the Air Totem for your following spells.
- Likkim – With a focus on Overload cards this weapon could have three attack fairly regularly, making it even more valuable than a Fiery War Axe before the recent nerf.
- Zentimo – With all the spells in this deck, Zentimo could be a huge help with board clears so you will not need to run cards with setbacks such as Lightning Storm.
- Electra Stormsurge – Another card that fits extremely well in such a spell heavy deck. Combine it with a Lava Burst for some huge damage to an opponent’s life total or Haunting Vision for significant mana cost discounts on your next spell.
- Zap – At zero mana this is the perfect card to get your spell chain going with Spirit of the Frog while also serving as decent minion removal.
- Lightning Bolt – A classic Shaman card that’s been a staple of many decks since before time itself. It finds a place here with its potential to fit in the spell chain with Spirit of the Frog.
- Rockbiter Weapon – It seems the nerf to two mana has now worked in its favour a little as it will fit perfectly in the chain after a Lightning Bolt and offer you more burst damage – especially so if you have Doomhammer equipped.
- Lava Burst – More burst damage for the deck and a continuation of the spell chain at three mana.
In the next update we'll have a complete Frog Shaman deck list ready for launch, with the usual combo and synergy advice to help you get started with it!