Our Elemental Paladin deck guide features the best deck list for Season 41, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Elemental Paladin is a Hearthstone deck that seeks to exploit some of the powerful Elemental synergies introduced with Journey to Un'Goro in order to form an impressively powerful Midrange deck. While it's not the most competitive Paladin deck in use right now, it's certainly a viable way of climbing the ladder, and a handful of prominent players have hit a high Legend rating with it.
With this deck you've enough early-game presence to hold the opponent at bay, while new cards like Tarim the Sunkeeper and Spikeridged Steed should ensure your opposite number has a pretty miserable time of things in the middle stages of the game. If you can maintain dominance of the board from this point onwards, it's largely a case of juggling face damage and board control to ensure you get over the finishing line.
In the next of our deck guides, we've got an outline of one of the most powerful Elemental Paladin deck lists you can pilot right now, along with some Mulligan advice to help you get off to a strong start. Finally, we've broken down all of the combos contained within this particular version of the deck, so you can gain a deeper understanding of how all the synergies come together.
If you've any questions about this deck, let us know in the comments and we'll do our best to get you back on track!
Editor's note - July 2017: Elemental Paladin has stuck rather stubbornly in the middle of the deck ranking table, which is a bit of a shame really as it's so much fun to play. You can still climb the ladder using this deck of course, but we'll be surprised to see it bust through into the top tier before the release of the next expansion. Will Frozen Throne provide some extra fuel for this fire? We'll have to wait and see.
BREAKING NEWS! A new expansion is coming! Check out our Frozen Throne guide for all the latest information.
Elemental Paladin deck list and strategy - August 2017
A handful of top players have taken the following Elemental Paladin deck list to Legend over the last month or so. Give it a go and let us know how it works out for you in the comments.
|1 x Forbidden Healing||1 x Fire Fly|
|2 x Equality||2 x Doomsayer|
|2 x Hydrologist||2 x Wild Pyromancer|
|1 x Aldor Peacekeeper||2 x Stonehill Defender|
|1 x Rallying Blade||2 x Tar Creeper|
|2 x Consecration||2 x Fire Plume Phoenix|
|1 x Truesilver Champion||2 x Servant of Kalimos|
|2 x Spikeridged Steed||2 x Blazecaller|
|1 x Sunkeeper Tarim|
|1 x Ragnaros, Lightlord|
|1 x Tirion Fordring|
Deck Import ID:
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
This is a deck that uses Elemental fuel to build towards an intimidating finish in the late-game. Early on you seek to contest the board with your cheap minions, and establish some kind of presence for when cards like Tarim the Sunkeeper and Spikeridged Steed become playable.
Once you have the board in the late-game, you should find it relatively easy to push towards the finishing line using cards like Ragnaros, Lightlord, Tirion Fordring and Blazecaller.
For more advice on how this all comes together, study the combo section towards the bottom of this page.
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Pure Paladin - Pure Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Mech Paladin - Mech Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Murloc Paladin - Murloc Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Highlander Paladin - Highlander Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Paladin - Quest Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Elemental Paladin Mulligan guide - August 2017
In most match-ups you will be able to make good use out of the following cards: Fire Fly, Doomsayer, Hydrologist, Wild Pyromancer and Rallying Blade.
Strange though it may instinctively seem, Doomsayer can be a perfectly acceptable Turn 2 play. It'll almost certainly result in a board reset, buying you extra time to pull your plans together!
If Elemental Paladin becomes more popular we'll expand on this section of the guide with hero-by-hero Mulligan recommendations. In all honesty though, the above advice should help you navigate the early stages of the match pretty cleanly for now!
Elemental Paladin tips, combos and synergies - August 2017
Here are the most important combos that power the Elemental Paladin deck. Try to commit them to memory as they're really important for achieving a decent winrate.
- Your classic mass AOE clear with Elemental Paladin is Equality followed by Consecration.
- Note that you can achieve a similar effect by placing Wild Pyromancer out onto the board and then hitting Equality. Just be aware that this will wipe out your own vanilla minions as well.
- Sunkeeper Tarim has natural synergy with your hero power minions, as they'll have their stats tripled when this Legendary is put into play.
- Note that the bonus effects of Servant of Kalimos and Blazecaller are only triggered if you played an Elemental on the previous turn. There are other initiators, but Fire Fly and its Battlecry creature provide cheap and handy fuel for this process.