Our Deathrattle Hunter deck guide features the best deck list for Season 45, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Deathrattle Hunter is a deck that exploits the Deathrattle potential of both the Hunter's strongest cards in this class, and some of the new cards released with Knights of the Frozen Throne. It features a little of the old and new, and with the exception of the class's Death Knight Hero card it only requires a handful of the Common and Rare cards from the latest set.
In our guide to this archetype you'll find the most popular version of the deck being played right now, a few tips on Mulliganing your starting hand correctly, an overview of the new cards that power this deck, and finally a breakdown of the combos you can mess around with. All of this is subject to change as we approach the Kobolds and Catacombs meta, of course, and we'll update this article again shortly.
If you've any card replacement tips in particular, do let us know about them in the comments. We'll also make a note right here of any changes that are made to the article, so you know what's changed since your last visit. Have fun!
Deathrattle Hunter deck list and strategy
Here's a deck list that was recently created by Trump. We expect this to change with the Kobolds meta, and will update our guide accordingly once the new set is live.
|2 x Alleycat||2 x Golakka Crawler|
|2 x Play Dead||2 x Devilsaur Egg|
|2 x Crackling Razormaw||1 x Barnes|
|2 x Kindly Grandmother||2 x Cobalt Scalebane|
|2 x Animal Companion||2 x Bonemare|
|1 x Deadly Shot|
|1 x Eaglehorn Bow|
|2 x Kill Command|
|2 x Terrorscale Stalker|
|2 x Houndmaster|
|1 x Deathstalker Rexxar|
|2 x Savannah Highmane|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAR8ExQj+DIW4AobTAg2oArUD6wftCbm0Auq7AqvCAtjCAuTCAo7DAsrLApzNAqbOAgA=
This deck plays out not entirely unlike Midrange Hunter, but with a much greater emphasis on the Deathrattle synergies sprinkled all throughout. Our combo section contains all of the tips you need to know to thread these plays together, and so forms the bulk of our strategy advice at this stage.
To help give you a better grounding of the overall strategy, here's a video of Trump playing this exact deck list:
More great guides:
Deathrattle Hunter Mulligan guide
Alleycat, Kindly Grandmother and Crackling Razormaw are highly valuable keeps in the early game.
Play Dead has a big impact on your starting hand. If this card turns up, Devilsaur Egg becomes considerably more powerful, along with Kindly Grandmother.
Golakka Crawler should always be kept against Rogues and Warriors in particular, as you stand a very good chance of encountering a Pirate versus these two heroes.
Deathrattle Hunter tips, combos and synergies
A Deathrattle-laden deck always contains plenty of combos and this one is certainly no exception. Take a look through all of these combo tips before firing up your first match - mastering each one will give you a definite edge.
- Point Play Dead at any of your Deathrattle minions and you'll see the expiration effect go off, while the vanilla minion remains in play. Terrorscale Stalker achieves the same effect while putting a minion out into play at the same time.
- Kill Command does a meagre three points of base damage, but if you've a Beast out in play then the damage total increases to five.
- If you've got a friendly Beast on the board then you can buff its stats up nicely using Houndmaster. You'll also turn the minion into a Taunt target to boot.
- If your opponent has played a Pirate minion then you can use Golakka Crawler to eliminate it. The Crawler also gains an extra +1 / +1 in stats.
- If you have one or more other minions in play, Cobalt Scalebane will pick a random friendly target and grant it an extra +3 points of Attack. A new random target is chosen at the end of each turn.
- Bonemare not only gives another friendly minion an impressive extra +4 / +4 of stats, the target also gains Taunt, protecting all other minions out in play.
- Deathstalker Rexxar does two points of damage to all enemy minions when played, and also transforms your hero power into Build-a-Beast. This allows you to stitch together two expired Beasts using the Discovery mechanic. The stats are added up and the new zombie Beast is added to your hand.
- Crackling Razormaw puts the targeted Beast minion through the Adapt process. Three buffs will be chosen from the following pool of ten, and you'll have to pick your preferred improvement.
|Crackling Shield||Divine Shield|
|Flaming Claws||+3 Attack|
|Liquid Membrane||Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers|
|Living Spores||Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants|
|Rocky Carapace||+3 Health|
|Shrouding Mist||Stealth until your next turn|
|Volcanic Might||+1 / +1 stats|