Our Cube Druid deck list guide features the best deck list for The Witchwood (April 2018). Our Cube Druid guide will also be updated with Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
We think you're probably looking for information on playing Cube Taunt Druid. If so, head to our main Taunt Druid guide page which has the latest deck list and strategy advice. The content in this article is now out of date!
Cube Druid is a Hearthstone deck archetype that takes the Carnivorous Cube we're all so fond of from playing against Warlocks, and inserts it into a deck list that's designed to exploit the synergies that exist between the Cube and cards like Hadronox.
It's by no means a sure bet in the new meta, but it's an awful lot of fun to play and so we wanted to give it a quick highlight on Metabomb during the launch window. In this article you'll find a deck list and a teardown of all the combos contained within it. In a future update we'll add in Mulligan and strategy advice too.
We're intrigued to see how this one plays out in the long run, and would love to hear your own thoughts on the archetype after playing it. Sign up and let us know how you're getting on in the comments.
Cube Druid deck list and strategy
This version of Cube Druid was created by Legend player Kartoha. We'll see what changes get made to it once the early launch window is behind us.
|2 x Innervate||2 x Carnivorous Cube|
|2 x Lesser Jasper Spellstone||2 x Rotten Applebaum|
|2 x Naturalize||2 x Primordial Drake|
|2 x Wild Growth||1 x The Lich King|
|2 x Ferocious Howl|
|2 x Greedy Sprite|
|2 x Witching Hour|
|2 x Branching Paths|
|2 x Swipe|
|2 x Nourish|
|1 x Hadronox|
|2 x Ultimate Infestation|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICAq/TAsLOAg6HzgLJxwLF8wJfi+ECQJ7SAo3wAvnmAr/yAuQI6QGY 0gL+AQA=
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Embiggen Druid - Embiggen Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Token Druid - Token Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Treant Druid - Treant Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Quest Druid - Quest Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Cube Druid tips, combos and synergies
Here's a rundown of all the combos contained in this particular version of Cube Druid:
- Innervate costs zero Mana to play but provides you with one extra Mana Crystal for the current turn only.
- Wild Growth, on the other hand, provides a permanent boost to your Mana reserves. The earlier you can get this card out in play, the more benefit you'll gain from it over the duration of the match.
- In its most primitive form, Lesser Jasper Spellstone does two points of damage to the targeted minion. If you gain three Armor while it's in your hand, however, that damage increases to four. Gain another three Armor and the card tops out at six damage.
- New card Ferocious Howl not only draws you a card, it rewards you with a point of Armor for every card in your hand at the time. This has obvious synergy with Lesser Jasper Spellstone.
- Witching Hour has direct synergy with Hadronox and should be played after that minion has been put out in play.
- There are three Taunt minions in this deck: Rotten Applebaum, Primordial Drake and The Lich King. These, then, are the characters that can be called back into life when Hadronox perishes.
- If you apply Carnivorous Cube to Hadronox, you will instantly summon any of those Taunts that have died. When the Cube dies, you'll summon two more Hadronox minions. When those die....you get the idea!
- Remember that Primordial Drake does two points of damage to ALL minions - not just the enemy's - when it's put into play.
- The Lich King will summon one of eight Death Knight cards when you hit End Turn. Here's the pool of cards he'll randomly pick from:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|