Our Budget Evolve Shaman deck guide features a cheap deck list for Season 41, with strategy advice and combo tips.
Evolve Shaman is a Hearthstone deck that's been enjoying a lot of popularity for a good six months or more now, but although it's not the most expensive deck in the competitive roster by a long shot it's good to have a cheap option that you can play around with before investing in the more expensive cards.
We're doing things a little differently for the budget versions of our deck guides. For things like Mulligan advice and overall strategy, you should head over to our core Evolve Shaman guide, where you'll find the bulk of our advice about playing this kind of deck. For this article, we've simply highlighted the deck list, then gone through the combos and tips that are unique to this particular version.
If there are any other budget decks you'd like to see us cover for the new Frozen Throne meta, let us know in the comments. Without further ado, here's a pretty standard cheap version of the deck you might like to play.
|2 x Evolve||2 x Argent Squire|
|2 x Devolve||2 x Fire Fly|
|2 x Flametongue Totem||2 x Stonehill Defender|
|2 x Jade Claws||2 x Jade Spirit|
|2 x Primalfin Totem||2 x Saronite Chain Gang|
|2 x Mana Tide Totem||2 x Doppelgangster|
|2 x Jade Lightning|
|2 x Bloodlust|
|2 x Thing from Below|
Deck Import ID: AAECAaoIAA+BBPUF8AeTCfqqAvuqAoe8As+8AtG8Ava9Avm/ApHBApvCAuvCApvLAgA=
More budget Frozen Throne deck guides
- When Evolve is cast, all of the minor minion you've been fielding onto the board will be transformed into minions that would normally cost one Mana more.
- Fire Fly is a particularly valuable early play, thanks to the extra cheap minion it adds to your hand.
- You've only a little Jade Golem synergy to play with in this deck, but for the uninitiated, the first golem you summon has 1 / 1 stats, the second has 2 / 2, the third has 3 / 3 and so on until you run out of summoning options.
- Flametongue Totem is useful for boosting up adjacent minions and slamming even more damage into the opponent's face. Just watch your positioning here, as you may need to trade off multiple minions with the boost if there's a big taunt in your way.
- At the end of each turn, Primalfin Totem will add an extra 1 / 1 minion to the board. These make for great extra Evolve targets!
- Once you have a wide board of minions, Bloodlust can be used to deliver a game-ending amount of damage right into the opponent's face.
- Thing from Below becomes cheaper for each totem you played earlier on in the match. Note that this applies to totem cards as well as those totems you summoned using your hero power.
- One of the cool things about Doppelgangster is that each one of the extra minions spat out is also considered a five Mana card. That means that casting Evolve will grant you three six-Mana minions in total!