Our Big Warrior deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 56 of Boomsday (November 2018). Our Big Warrior guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Big (or Recruit) Warrior is a Hearthstone deck list that was widely tipped to make a suitably big impression on the Kobolds and Catacombs meta. It never really lived up to its promise, but things are looking up for the format a little as we enter the new Boomdsay era.
The general idea with this kind of deck is to play a survival game in the early and mid-game, before building up to a massive finish in the late-game where you have a host of fat minions to play with. You also have a number of different ways to Recruit them onto the board as well, and build a big presence extremely quickly.
In our guide to playing this deck in the new Boomdsay meta, we've got a solid deck list for you to start playing with. We've also added in some Mulligan advice in the latest update, but you'll find much of the insight you need in the card combo section towards the bottom of the page.
UPDATE - OCTOBER #1
There are no changes for our recommended Big Warrior deck list in the month of October, although keep in mind that this is not a very popular deck at the moment. It takes a lot of pricey cards as well, so only commit to this one if you have the cards and enjoy the playstyle.
Big Warrior deck list and strategy
As we've mentioned elsewhere in this guide, Big Warrior is an expensive deck without the strength to back up that investment. Still, this is the best version of the deck that's seeing play at this stage of the Boomsday meta.
|2 x Shield Slam||2 x Damaged Stegotron|
|1 x Bring It On!||2 x Bull Dozer|
|1 x Dead Man's Hand||1 x The Lich King|
|2 x Execute||1 x Ysera|
|1 x Forge of Souls|
|2 x Warpath|
|1 x Weapons Project|
|1 x Reckless Flurry|
|2 x Shield Block|
|2 x Blood Razor|
|2 x Brawl|
|2 x Gather Your Party|
|1 x Dr. Boom, Mad Genius|
|1 x Grommash Hellscream|
|1 x Scourgelord Garrosh|
|1 x Woecleaver|
|1 x The Boomship|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcM0gKiCY7OAsLOAvbPAp/TAvHTAsrnAv3nAvT1Arj2ApL4AglLogSRBv8HzM0C6ucCm/MC+/4Ci4ADAA==
Big Warrior Mulligan guide
Here's a quick look at some of the most important cards you'll want to keep an eye out for during the Mulligan stage:
- 1. Forge of Souls - Hopefully you'll draw into Blood Razor with this card, otherwise Woecleaver forms the other half of the pool.
- 2. Shield Block - This card provides some early defense while keeping the card draw train rolling.
- 3. Weapons Project - Although it provides the other player with an offensive weapon, you'll likely get more out of it as part of the archetype.
- 4. Blood Razor - A very handy tool against aggro decks in particular.
- 1. Rastakhan's Rumble - Hearthstone: Rastakhan's Rumble guide
- 2. Odd Warrior - Odd Warrior deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 3. Big Warrior - Big Warrior deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 4. Mecha'thun Warrior - Mecha'thun Warrior deck list guide (Boomsday)
- 5. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list
- 6. Rumble Run - Rumble Run guide
Big Warrior tips, combos and synergies
Take a bit of time to familiarise yourself with all of the core combos in this Boomdsay version of Big Warrior.
- Once damaged by any source - including your minor spells - even the biggest enemy minions get bought into range of Execute. You may not be able to do anything about the Deathrattles, but you'll definitely be ahead of the game with this play.
- Forge of Souls is guaranteed to put either Blood Razor or Woecleaver into your hand.
- Your Hero Power can be used to boost up the strength of Shield Slam, but there's further synergy in this regard with Shield Block and Bring It On!
- Warpath is an Echo card, which means you can play it as many times as you wish during the turn in question, and as long as you have the Mana to actually keep casting it.
- Weapons Project is the Warrior's Project spell, which means the opponent gains the same Armor and weapon that you do.
- If performing a little trading on the board will increase the chances of you getting a favourable result from Brawl then do so!
- All of your minor damage-dealing spells can also be used to trigger the extra damage of Grommash Hellscream. Beef him up and he'll be able to dish out ten points of damage on the same turn he's put into play.
- Keep in mind that Reckless Flurry takes away your Armor reserves when that damage is dished out.
- When you play Dead Man's Hand, a copy of your existing hand will be made and then shuffled back into your deck.
- Woecleaver costs a lot to play for little Attack value, but note that you'll Recruit one of your massive minions onto the board every time you take a swing with it.
- Once you've transformed into Scourgelord Garrosh you'll gain a 4 / 3 weapon with a special effect that inflicts the same amount of damage to the minions adjacent to your target.
- The Boomship is a powerfuly new spell that summons three minions in your hand and also gives them Rush, letting them attack other minions immediately. Keep in mind that they can't immediately attack the other Hero, however.
- Once you've played Dr. Boom, Mad Genius, your subsequently summoned Mechs gain the Rush ability. This means they can attack enemy minions - but not the other hero - the instant they appear on the board. You'll also cycle through five unique new Hero Powers:
- Blast Shield
- Delivery Drone
- Zap Cannon
- When you hit End turn The Lich King will add one of the following cards to your turn. The choice of card is completely random, and it goes without saying that some are luckier to get than others...
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|