Our Asmodai's Hunter deck guide features the best deck list for Season 42, with plenty of combo tips, tricks and strategy advice too.
A new version of Midrange Hunter is tearing up the ladder right now, and although we already have a core guide for the archetype elsewhere on the site, we think this one is cool enough that it deserves it's own temporary spotlight. In time it may well end up being the definitive list, but it makes sense to keep it separate for now.
The deck was created by pro player Asmodai, and it tweaks the Midrange Hunter format a fair bit by making room for cards like Bearshark and Stitched Tracker. Throw Deathstalker Rexxar into the mix and you have a Midrange deck that's capable of going some serious distance in just about every match-up you'll encounter on the ladder right now.
To keep things simple, we've simply highlighted the deck list in question, along with a video of it being piloted on the ladder. We've then followed up with a teardown of the combos involved so you have an at-a-glance picture of how the cards synergise.
If you'd like further insight, simply reference our classic Midrange Hunter deck list guide, but for now, here's Asmodai's Hunter.
Asmodai's Hunter deck list
|2 x Alleycat||2 x Bloodsail Corsair|
|2 x Tracking||1 x Patches the Pirate|
|2 x Crackling Razormaw||2 x Golakka Crawler|
|2 x Kindly Grandmother||1 x Spellbreaker|
|2 x Animal Companion|
|2 x Bearshark|
|2 x Deadly Shot|
|2 x Eaglehorn Bow|
|2 x Kill Command|
|2 x Stitched Tracker|
|2 x Houndmaster|
|1 x Deathstalker Rexxar|
|1 x Savannah Highmane|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAR8E8gXtCZG8AobTAg2oArUD5QfrB5cIxQj+DLm0Auq7AuTCAo7DAtPNAtfNAgA=
Asmodai's Hunter gameplay video
Here's a quick video highlighting the deck in action!
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Dragonbane Face Hunter - Dragonbane Face Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Beast Hunter - Beast Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Midrange Hunter - Midrange Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Highlander Dragon Hunter - Highlander Dragon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Hunter - Quest Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Asmodai's Hunter tips, combos and synergies
Here are all of the different combos you can make use of when playing Asmodai's Hunter:
- Kill Command only does three points of damage by itself, but if you've any kind of Beast - big or small - out in play then the damage value is increased to five points.
- If you target a Beast minion with Houndmaster, it'll be granted an extra +2 / +2 of stats, as well as the Taunt effect.
- When Deathstalker Rexxar is cast, you'll gain five points of Armor and dish out two points of damage to every enemy minion. Your hero power is also replaced with Build-A-Beast, which lets you combine two previously expired Beast minions into one new monster!
- Assuming Patches the Pirate is still in your deck somewhere, he'll be pulled onto the board for free - and can attack on the same turn - when Bloodsail Corsair is played.
- Golakka Crawler can be used to destroy an enemy Pirate minion, and gain an extra +1 / +1 of stats in the process.
- If you have another Beast class of minion on the board, you can target it with Crackling Razormaw to put it through the Adapt process. When you do so, you'll be able to choose from one of three buffs drawn from the following pool:
|Crackling Shield||Divine Shield|
|Flaming Claws||+3 Attack|
|Liquid Membrane||Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers|
|Living Spores||Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants|
|Rocky Carapace||+3 Health|
|Shrouding Mist||Stealth until your next turn|
|Volcanic Might||+1 / +1 stats|