Every now and then we see a Fortnite problem spike in interest, and it looks as though some players are having trouble signing into their account for Xbox Live play.
Although it's possible that this is something Epic needs to fix locally, we are aware of a self-repair method that has helped people fix this problem for themselves in the past.
The steps are certainly simple enough that it's worth having a quick go at replicating the solution. If it works for you, please let us know in the comments so we can promote the solution with a little more certainty and help more players out!
- First of all, log out of your account
- Close Fortnite altogether by pressing start and then quitting the game
- Fire up Fortnite once again while not logged in
- You'll be prompted to log in using the account that purchased or downloaded the game
- Once logged in, your account should - in theory at least - be working again.
There are no guarantees that this will fix the problem for you, but it's worked in the past and so is well worth attempting if you're currently locked out of the game.
If you're not able to get back in to play, the best course of action is to follow Epic on Twitter as the team behind the account provide pretty snappy responses to the latest issues affecting the game. Alternatively you can track server status and known issues over at Epic's official support site.