In this article you'll find the Fortnite: Battle Royale 2.5.0 patch notes, with details on Shrines, dragon weapons and the new Impulse Grenade.
A new set of patch notes have just been revealed for the 2.5.0 version of Fortnite: Battle Royale. In them we receive details of a new weapon for the game - the Impulse Grenade - a new Shrine building feature, and some new hero and weapon skins for Save the World. [Impulse Grenade guide - Damage stats and tips]
A new Spring it On! questline has also been added to Save the World if you enjoy dabbling around in the original single-player element of Fortnite.
We've got images of all the new content for you right here, with the patch notes themselves appearing just below those. Let us know in the comments how you're getting on with this new content!
- Enabled dynamic resolution and high quality temporal upsampling on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Dynamic resolution gives more consistent framerate during heavy combat and increases visual fidelity when load on the GPU is lighter.
- Full 4K Resolution now supported on Xbox One X.
- Added a key binding for "Toggle Pickaxe" on PC.
- PC + Mac Social Panel has been expanded to make browsing long lists of friends easier.
- Added distinctive sound variations when starting to build with Wood/Stone/Metal.
- Fixed multiple scenarios where connectivity errors would block login.
- Improved XMPP connection recovery on console.
- Optimized XMPP payloads.
- Removed extra queries when returning from match.
- Removed redundant store queries.
- Fixed a problem with empty progress bars incorrectly showing as full bars on Mac.
- Fixed Discord game invites and rich presence information.
- In continued partnership with SIE, we have been able to resolve the issue that occurred for some Fortnite players in which patches took longer to download than they should. If you experience a recurrence of this issue, please reach out to Epic Customer Service and we will address appropriately.