Our Fortnite Submachine gun guide contains weapon stats, rarity details, details for using it and information on finding the new weapon.
Fortnite’s relationship with submachine guns only grows stronger. The Drum Gun released only a few weeks ago, and now we’ve got the aptly titled “Submachine gun” arriving soon as well!
Going by it’s standard issue title, we can assume that the Submachine gun will function just like...well, a submachine gun? It’ll spit bullets at a ferocious speed and likely shred opponents who stray too close, but the minute you start firing at a target in the distance its effectiveness will drop sharply.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Tactical SMG has also been benched, meaning that this Submachine gun effectively replaces it.
In this article we’ve gathered together everything we currently know about this weapon, from its base stats to how it feels when you’ve got it in hand, plus advice on how to go about getting your mitts on it.
What rarities is the Submachine gun available in?
The new Submachine gun is available in three different rarities: Common, Uncommon, and Rare.
Damage starts off at 19 for the lowest rarity and goes all the way up to 21 for the Rare model.
While these stats might seem low, remember that the Submachine gun will most likely have a fast fire rate, so it’ll likely melt healthbars if you can reliably unload a full clip into a poor soul.
Any other stats for the Submachine gun?
The Submachine gun’s clip carries 30 rounds in total, which is pretty solid when it comes to peppering an enemy at close range. Just be careful when unloading a full magazine though as it’ll evaporate quickly and you might find yourself reloading all too soon.
The Submachine gun uses also Light Ammo.
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
Where can I find the Submachine gun?
You’ll find the Submachine inside floor loot, chests and we’re sure it’ll also be available to nab from Supply Llamas and Vending Machines too.
Of course you can also eliminate others and strip the gun off their corpses if that suits you...
Any Submachine gun tips?
Here’s a few tips to help you get a headstart on enemies when the gun launches.
- While the Submachine gun’s fire rate is fast, you’ll need to watch the ammo count when facing off against an enemy. Miss your shots and you might find yourself reloading at the worst possible time, leaving you vulnerable (and a little embarrassed).
- We wouldn’t recommend taking on multiple opponents with this weapon as it simply doesn’t have the damage output to harm two enemies. It’s fantastic for shredding one target, but extend this to another and you’ll struggle to take them down.
- Don’t rely solely on the Submachine gun as your main weapon. View it as a brilliant short range killer, but one that lacks punch at mid to long range. Having a Sniper or Assault Rifle in your primary slot give you much needed versatility.