Our Fortnite Steady Storm LTM guide contains all the details on this new limited time mode.
Fortnite’s big V5.2 patch has arrived and with it, the brand new Steady Storm LTM. In recent times we’ve been given reworks of previous limited time modes, so it’s nice to see something completely original and one that really does change the feel of the Battle Royale experience entirely.
As the name suggests, Steady Storm’s main kicker is the fact that there’s one Storm only - and it’s chasing you down constantly. Oh, and there aren’t any safe zone markers either. This means you’ll have to keep on the move and try your best to predict where the Storm Circle is closing.
To get to grips with the new mode, we’ve put together everything you need to know about it below. You’ll find the complete ruleset, as well as some tips and tricks to help you survive the deadly Storm.
For a closer look at all the V5.20 patch notes, head on over to our news story.
Steady Storm LTM: Overview
Here’s a breakdown of how this new Steady Storm LTM operates:
- One Storm that closes in over the course of 15 minutes.
- There are no safe zone circles. Keep an eye on the map to predict where the Storm will close in.
- The Storm does 10 damage per second.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) and Challenges are tracked in this mode.
Steady Storm LTM: Tips and Tricks
We’ve put together a handful of helpful pointers that’ll hopefully aid you in picking up some eliminations and evading the Steady Storm:
- There aren’t any safe zone markers in this mode, so you’ll need to predict where the Storm’s closing in. If this is proving difficult (which it very much is), we’d recommend moving away from the circle almost constantly. Don’t get caught resting for too long and do your best not to stop if you encounter resistance.
- You won’t have much time to stand still and harvest building materials, so make sure you’re clattering as much as you can with your Pickaxe. Pass a wooden pallet? Car? Tree? Give them as many whacks as you afford. Having a host of materials to hand will increase your chances of survival significantly.
- Any items that are able to give you a movement speed boost are vital pickups. We’re talking both the Impulse Grenade and Launch Pad, as these are able to get you away from the Storm in next to no time.
- We’d recommend using weaponry that doesn’t take time to line up a shot. Avoid Snipers unless you’re super confident with them, and focus on keeping hold of “sprayable” stuff. Shotguns, SMGs and Assault Rifles are perfect for hip-firing in sketchy close range fights and will ultimately save you precious seconds to hightail it away from the Storm.
This concludes the first iteration of our Steady Storm LTM guide, but we’ll be back with more strategy advice once we’ve had more of a chance to dip into the mode ourselves!