Our Fortnite: Solo Showdown Limited Time Mode guide contains everything you need to know about this new contest mode in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Since Fortnite took over the world, a hot topic has always simmered away in the background - will there ever be a competitive mode?
Well, Epic Games has always been brilliant at listening to fan feedback and introducing what the community wants into the game. Of course, introducing a competitive mode is a contentious move and one that’ll need some testing and tweaking before official release one day. Turns out Fortnite’s Solo Showdown Limited Time mode is the first small step.
Queueing up in Solo Showdown won’t change the core gameplay experience, but it will place you against other self-selected competitors who want to increase their leaderboard standings. There are even rewards for those who do well!
Below we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through how to access the mode, how it works and what rewards you’ll earn for climbing the leaderboards.
For full terms and conditions, make sure you head on over to Epic Games' official Solo Showdown page.
When you're done here, it's worth checking out our Season 5 guide, as well as our Week 3 Challenges guide. They contain everything you need to know about all the new content that's been introduced to the game, as well as tips to getting those pesky challenges out of the way!
Solo Showdown: How does it work?
First and foremost, Solo Showdown isn’t a ranked mode, but rather a limited time contest. Epic has confirmed that there will be more details on Competitive play coming next week, so keep an eye on the site as we'll be covering the announcement as soon as it drops!
Here’s everything you need to know about how it works:
- It’s a solo queue mode. No duos or squads.
- There aren’t any real gameplay changes at all. It’s traditional Fortnite.
- Every match you play in the mode will be tracked and determine the rewards you receive at the end of the event.
- The Top 100 players will be rewarded with a prize.
- The first 50 matches in the Solo Showdown LTM will be counted towards your Score. You must play 50 Solo Showdown matches to be eligible for a prize.
- 1st Place: 50,000 V-bucks
- 2nd - 4th Place: 25,000 V-Bucks
- 5th – 50th Place: 13,500 V-bucks
- 51st – 100th Place: 7,500 V-bucks
For participating in 50 matches, you’ll also earn a unique Spray.
How long does the contest last?
- Solo Showdown will be available from July 27th 2018 at 10:00 AM EST.
- Solo Showdown will end July 30th 2018 10:00AM EST.
How do I enter the contest?
- To be eligible for a Solo Showdown prize and ranking, you’ll need to play 50 Solo Showdown matches.
How do I check the standings?
You can check the Solo Showdown leaderboards by visiting Epic's official page and scrolling down to the bottom.
How do I know if I've won a prize?
You can of course check the standings, but you'll also be contacted by Epic on or about Friday August 3rd 2018. You'll need to respond within 72 hours to claim your prizes.
Solo Showdown: How does Scoring work?
There's a scoring system in place for the duration of this contest, and naturally, it'll be used to determine those who've done particularly well out there on the battlefield.
Here's how it'll work:
- Each win awards a Score based on final placement. Cumulative Score across the contestants 50 matches will determine winners.
- For example, if you finish first place this'll award you 100 points. Finishing 20th place will awad you 50 points.
- Only the first 50 matches in Solo Showdown LTM will count towards a contestants score.
The table below illustrates point distribution.
In addition to Score based on placement, the player will be awarded 6 points for each enemy they eliminate.
If it comes down to a tie, tiebreaker rules will apply. Total kills, average placements and total wins will be taken into account to determine the overall winner.
The top 100 contestants at the end of the Contest will receive prizes.