Our Fortnite Season 7 guide contains everything you need to know about Fortnite Season 7, with details on the theme, Battle Pass costs and rewards, map changes and more.
Fortnite Season 7 has arrived, bringing with it a new wintery theme and some of the biggest changes to the game yet - there are planes now!
As you'd expect, Fortnite's seventh season brings with it a whole host of new content to lap up. The Battle Pass features over 100 new tiers to unlock, with skins, challenges and all sorts of other cosmetic items up for grabs. Wraps are the newest cosmetic addition this season, allowing you to customise weapons and vehicles to suit your style.
Biplanes, new map locations and more feature as well. It's a massive update, so we thought it best to round up everything that you need to know about Season 7 just below. We'll be updating it heavily over time, so keep this page bookmarked for all the latest.
Need help with something specific? Use the following links to jump straight into what you're after!
UPDATE: Fortnite Season 7 - All new changes!
Epic has just revealed the patch notes for Season 7 and we've got all the information right here.
Battle Pass owners will have early access to their own Creative island for one week, then all players will recieve islands on December 13, 2018.
As you'd expect, there are over 100 tiers of cosmetic items to collect in Season 7. As you rank up your Battle Pass you'll unlock a whole host of new emotes, pets, gliders, toys skins and more.
Upon purchasing the Battle Pass, you'll earn two new progressive outfits: Zenith and Lynx. Fork out more cash for the Battle Bundle and you'll get the Sgt. Winter skin alongside all the usual benefits too.
X-4 Stormwing Plane
There are new biplanes for players to traverse the map with. They can seat up to 4 passengers on the wings and come equipped with a mounted machine gun which can overheat if fired continuously for too long.
Give your weapons and vehicles a new look with Wraps. You'll unlock different Wraps as you level up your Battle Pass. Equip them in your locker and attach them to items like vehicles, shotguns, rifles and more.
New Map Locations
A new image of the Season 7 map has been leaked and showcases a completely reworked southwestern area. Gone are the likes of Flush Factory and Greasy Grove, having been replaced by icy lakes and snowy mountains. This is easily the most drastic map redesign in Fortnite's history and looks to be the best yet!
Here's an overview of all the new map locations:
- New Biome: Iceberg
- New Location: Frosty Flights
- New Location: Polar Peak
- New Location: Happy Hamlet
- Other unnamed Points of Interest (POIs) have also appeared across the island.
- Icy Surfaces can be found in snowy areas.
- Players will slide on certain frozen surfaces.
- Ziplines can be found around the Iceberg and near Expedition Outposts.
- Latch on and zip from one end to the other.
- Aim, fire, or use items all while conveniently traveling on Ziplines.
We'll update this guide with a dedicated map section once we've had a chance to check out the changes for ourselves.
We've rounded a handful of the most significant tweaks and additions just below:
- Balloons have been reworked so that while they are equipped, it is possible to use weapons and items.
- Players can attach up to 3 Balloons to their back, lifting off the ground when the 3rd Balloon is attached.
- Press jump while in the air to release Balloons one at a time.
- Reduced stack size from 20 to 10.
- Note: "Each new season gives us an opportunity to evaluate the current item rotation. Our goal is to have a reasonable number of items to learn, while avoiding duplicates or overlapping functionality. Based on recent (and upcoming) item additions, we've selected the following for vaulting."
- Shadow Stones
- Double Barrel Shotgun
- Shockwave Grenade
- The Calamity, Dire, Ragnarok, and Drift Challenges have been moved to a new section at the bottom of the Challenges tab.
- Added filtering and updated the layout of the Locker.
- Vehicle Damage Numbers have been added!
- Vehicles now have a unique damage number pop color and show damage numbers.
- Polished the Store layout to support a larger number of tiles without needing to scroll.
- Minor update to the player feedback UI to add reporting categories and a list of other players in the current or last-played match.
Fortnite Season 7: Battle Pass - Cost, Skins and How To Purchase
Just like all other previous seasons, Fortnite Season 7’s Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks. This equates to around £8/$10 in real world currency.
Upon purchasing the Season 7 Battle Pass you'll earn two new progressive skins: Zenith and Lynx.
Purchase the more expensive Battle Bundle for 2,800 V-Bucks and you'll earn an exclusive Sgt. Winter skin, alongside a 25 tier boost right off the bat.
Of course, the Season 7 Battle Pass includes a whole host of new toys, pets, skins, gliders and more for you to unlock as you rank up. It's surprisingly good value for all the stuff you'll earn if you put the time in.
Fornite Season 7: All new skins
Below we've rounded up all the latest Season 7 skins - get ready for a good scroll.
How do I purchase the Season 7 Battle Pass?
Here's how to get hold of the Battle Pass:
- Login to the game.
- From the main menu screen, click the Battle Pass tab at the top of the screen.
- Select "Purchase" towards the bottom left of the menu page.
- Now you've got to choose from the 950 V-Bucks "Battle Pass" or the 2,800 V-Bucks "Battle Bundle". If you're after the standard Battle Pass, select the former option. If you want 25 tiers unlocked instantly, select the latter.
- Next you'll be prompted to "Get V-Bucks". Select this and choose how many you want to purchase using real world currency.
- Select an option, click "Purchase" and you'll be redirected to a payment screen. Select your payment method and complete the process.
- The V-Bucks will appear in your account instantly.
- Go back to the "Battle Pass" tab, click purchase and you'll know it's been unlocked successfully as an animation will play.
- Now get out there and level it up to get your rewards!
Fortnite Season 7: Weekly Challenges List
Below we'll be posting all the Weekly Challenges every week of Season 7.
- Stage 1: Land at Polar Peak (0/5). 5 Battle Stars
- Deal damage to opponents structures (0/5,000). 5 Battle Stars
- Suppressed Weapon eliminations (0/3) - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Dance on top of a Water Tower (0/1). 5 Battle Stars
- Search Chests at Wailing Woods or Paradise Palms (0/7). 5 Battle Points
- Search between a giant rock man, a crowned tomato, and an encircled tree (0/1) - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate an opponent from closer than 5m away (0/200) - HARD . 10 Battle Stars
- Ride a Zipline in 5 different matches (0/5). 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Land at Lonely Lodge (0/5). 5 Battle Stars
- Legendary weapon eliminations (0/2) - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Search Chests at Polar Peak or Tomato Temple (0/7). 5 Battle Stars
- Ring a doorbell in different named locations in a single match (0/2). 5 Battle Points
- Search between three ski lodges (0/1) - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Deal damage with Shotguns to opponents (0/200) - HARD . 10 Battle Stars
- Search a Chest in different Named Locations (0/7). 5 Battle Stars
- Damage opponents with different types of weapons (0/5). 5 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents in Snobby Shores or Fatal Fields (0/3) - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Visit Snobby Shores and Pleasant Park in a single match (0/2). 5 Battle Stars
- Play the Sheet Music on pianos near Pleasant Park and Lonely Lodge (0/2). 5 Battle Stars
- Compete in a Dance Off at an abandoned mansion (0/1) - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate an opponent from at least 50m away - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Pick up an item of each rarity (0/5). 5 Battle Stars
- Dance in different forbidden locations (0/7). 5 Battle Stars
- Play matches with at least one elimination (0/5) - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Dance on top of a crown of RV’s (0/1). 5 Battle Stars
- Deal Headshot Damage to opponents (0/500). 5 Battle Points
- Stage 1: Search Ammo Boxes in a single match (0/5) - HARD. 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents in different Named Locations (0/5) - HARD . 10 Battle Stars
Fortnite Season 7: Teasers and Speculation
Ascend to new heights... Season 7 starts tomorrow! pic.twitter.com/tCjPRsFvJfFortnite (@FortniteGame) December 5, 2018
Season 7 begins tomorrow, and from the looks of things we could be getting spiked boots for climbing and - abseiling? Also, is that a plane in the background too?!
Coming in Season 7… Fortnite Creative! Design games and build your dream Fortnite with friends. Everything you make is saved. Get early access to your own private island when you buy the Season 7 Battle Pass. Explore more info in the announce blog: https://t.co/APhbzvIboU pic.twitter.com/4YNqQJk5IOFortnite (@FortniteGame) December 5, 2018
Those who buy the Season 7 Battle Pass as soon as the season starts will gain a week's early access to Fortnite Creative, beginning on 6th December. It's effectively the Playground mode but on your own private island, which means you can build whatever you want and invite your friends in too.
Fortnite Creative will open on 13th December for everyone, and it's something which'll receive updates throughout the season.
A frigid day dawns... 2 days to Season 7. pic.twitter.com/HDfj0G44fmFortnite (@FortniteGame) December 4, 2018
Seems like we'll almost certainly be getting a snowboarding as a method of traversing the map in Season 7. We're also fully expecting weekly challenges to embrace this and have us careering through hoops as we snowboard down an iceberg...
Epic Games has just shared an image of a frosty king to all of their Fortnite social media accounts.
The caption reads, "A bitter ice spreads...3 days to Season 7."
This effectively confirms that Fortnite Season 7 is going live on 6th December 2018.
Also take note of the snowboarder in the image too. It's highly likely this will be a new mode of transport in Season 7!
Fortnite Season 7: When will it release?
According to the Fortnite's latest announcement, we know that Fortnite Season 7’s release date is Thursday, December 6th 2018.
Below we’ve listed the usual server downtimes, so this is when you can expect Season 7 to become available for download:
- UK: 09:00AM (BST)
- Europe: 10:00AM (CEST)
- East Coast US: 04:00AM (EDT)
- West Coast US: 13:00PM (PDT)
Don't be surprised if the timings change a little on the day.
Fortnite Season 7: What theme can we expect?
Unlike previous seasons, Epic’s been rather subtle with its teasers for Fortnite Season 7. Season 5 featured a huge meteor clattering into the map, and Season 6 introduced Kevin the Cube before it had even kicked off. For Season 7, the community has been made to look a little harder for clues.
It’s safe to say the theme most players are expecting is “winter”. Not only because it fits the temperature drop experienced by some of us in the US and UK, but thanks to a couple of carefully concealed clues lurking in the game.
- Redditor Olichamp5 discovered an encroaching iceberg looming on the horizon. It’s likely that this will end up replacing a part of the map, or even latching onto an existing location.
- Another redditor by the name of Attendancy has zoomed up close to this iceberg, and it turns out it’s absolutely massive. What’s more, there’s a fortress sitting on top. Kwerrty_Empire in the comments says, “Frosty Fortress”, and they could really be onto something here.
- Redditor raptoryboioi has leaked some very snowy assets which look like they’re coming to Fortnite soon.
Fortnite Season 6: What was introduced?
Below we’ve linked our original breakdown of last season's newly introduced content.
Here's a look at all the new Season 6, Battle Pass specific skins.
Both DJ Yonder and Calamity are unlocked instantly once you purchase the Season 6 Battle Pass, but Calamity will only be at Level 1. You'll need to complete Weekly Challenges throughout the season to level this skin up and unlock its final form!
It looks like we're able to have a pet hanging out in our backpack now! So far only a dog, chameleon and dragon have been revealed. Expect more to be unlocked through the Battle Pass or pop up in the Item Shop as the Season progresses.
Dotted around the map are "Corrupted Areas" and it's in these spots where you'll likely stumble upon Shadow Stones. Consume one and it grants you invisibility for a short period, however you won't be able to shoot or move for that matter. Try and shuffle along and you'll leave a ghostly trail behind you that'll let players know exactly where you're located. You're invisible so long as you stand still, which makes it an even stronger version of the humble "hide in bush" strategy.
However, you do gain a new ability called "Phase" which can be activated by pressing the Primary Fire button. This propels you in the direction you're facing and allows you to pass through objects. This effect dispels after 45 seconds, but can be exited even earlier by holding the the Alt Fire button (aim down sights).
For a complete overview of how to find and use them, check out our Shadow Stone guide!
Changes have occurred all over the map. Islands are floating, crops growing and everything looks that much more Halloween. Here's a list of the new locations:
- Floating Islands
- Corrupted Areas
- Corn Fields
- Haunted Castle
As per usual, the Season 6 Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks and contains over 100 new items to unlock over the course of the season.
Here's the trailer:
Again, we'll provide more detail once the servers are back online and we can take a look at all the new juicy loot.
Balance tweaks and more
For a complete list of all the weapons, items and gameplay tweaks make sure you head on over to the official Season 6 Patch Notes page. It's pretty exhaustive, so prepare yourself!