Our Fortnite: Season 4 guide contains guides to every Weekly Challenge and reward that's available in the new Battle Pass.
UPDATE - 4th JUNE 2018
You'll now find all of the Week 6 challenges highlighted in this guide. We'll be back with another update next week once the next batch of tasks have gone live in the game! Let us know if you're having any problems with this week's challenges in the comments and we'll do our best to help you out.
Season 4 of Fortnite: Battle Royale is well under way at this point, but we appreciate that if you've not been playing the gameince it blew up at the start of 2018, we appreciate the whole “Season” thing can be a bit confusing. Veteran players will also want to know what's new in the latest update, hence this comprehensive guide
As with past seasons, Fortnite gives players the opportunity to earn a tonne of cosmetic rewards for participating in matches throughout the course of a two to three month time window. As you play you’ll earn XP which levels up your seasonal Battle Pass, granting you exclusive skins, pickaxes, gliders, emotes and more.
A fresh set of Weekly Challenges are also added to the game each Tuesday, and we've jiggled our Season 4 guide around a little bit so these are at the top. This should help you jump straight to the new content you need help with right now.
Need help with something specific? Use the following links to jump straight into what you're after!
- 1. What are the Season 4 Weekly Challenges?
- 2. How do Season 4 Daily Challenges work?
- 3. What are Free Pass Challenges in Season 4?
- 4. Season 4 Blockbuster, Carbide and Omega Challenges
- 5. When will Season 4 start and end?
- 6. How much does the Season 4 Battle Pass cost?
- 7. How do you purchase Season 4's Battle Pass?
- 8. What are the Season 4 Battle Pass levelling rewards?
- 9. What Battle Pass rewards do you get straight away?
- 10. Are there any map changes with Season 4?
What are the Season 4 Weekly Challenges?
Each Thursday (previously Tuesday, Epic can't make up its mind) a new set of Weekly Challenges are added to the game. Some of these are pretty self-explanatory, but others can be quite hard to wrap your head around. Where the solution to the challenge isn't obvious, we've created a breakout guide that explains how to finish it up nice and quickly.
Before we get down to business, here’s an overview of all the challenges you’ll have to complete. Simply click the links to jump straight to the one you’re most interested in right now.
For help with all of Week 8's tasks, make sure you read through our Week 8 Challenges guide!
- Deal Headshot Damage to opponents (0/250). 5 Battle Points
- Search Chests in Salty Springs (0/2). 5 Battle Points
- Search 7 Chests in a single match (0/7). 5 Battle Points
- Search 7 Hungry Gnomes (0/7). 5 Battle Points
- Search between a Bear, Crater and a Refrigerator Shipment - HARD (0/1). 10 Battle Points
- Suppressed Weapon Eliminations - HARD (0/3). 10 Battle Points
- Eliminate opponents in Pleasant Park - HARD (0/3). 10 Battle Points
Our Week 7 challenges guide has your back for all this week's tasks.
- Deal Damage with a Pickaxe to opponents (0/250). (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Risky Reels(0/7). (5 Battle Stars)
- Consume Foraged Items (0/20). (5 Battle Stars)
- Score a goal on different pitches (0/3). (5 Battle Stars)
- Follow the treasure map found in Pleasant Park - HARD (0/1). (10 Battle Stars)
- Assault Rifle Eliminations - HARD (0/5). (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Shifty Shafts - HARD (0/3). (10 Battle Stars)
Our Week 6 challenges guide has you covered for help with all this week's tasks. It's got in-depth advice on getting them done and dusted in next to no time!
- Search Supply Drops (0/3) (5 Battle Stars)
- Deal damage with Shotguns to opponents (0/1000) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Loot Lake (0/1) (5 Battle Stars)
- Spray over different Carbide or Omega Posters (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search between a Playground, Campsite, and a Footprint (0/1) (10 Battle Stars)
- SMG Eliminations (0/2) (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
If you're after help with all of the challenges on offer this week, make sure you click on our Season 4: Week 5 Challenges page. It's got in-depth advice on getting them all done in next to no time!
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (0/500) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Dusty Divot (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Use a Vending Machine (0/1) (5 Battle Stars)
- Dance with others to raise the Disco Ball near Loot Lake (0/1) (5 Battle Stars)
- Follow the treasure map found in Greasy Grove (0/1) (10 Battle Stars)
- Minigun or Light Machine Gun Eliminations (0/2) (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Lucky Landing (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
For in-depth help with all of the challenges this week, head over to our core Season 4: Week 4 Challenges page. Everything you need to rattle off every task can be found right there. Use the links below if you just want to jump to help finishing the trickiest ones!
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles to opponents (0/1000) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Wailing Woods (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search 7 Ammo Boxes in a single match (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Visit the center of different Storm Circles in a single match (0/3) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search between a Bench, Ice Cream Truck, and a Helicopter (0/1) (10 Battle Stars)
- Trap Eliminations (0/1) (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Snobby Shores (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
We've put together a Season 4: Week 3 Challenges guide that'll take you through them all. We've also put together breakout guide to the hardest of the lot, so give them a click for in-depth advice.
- Watch a Match Replay (0/1) (5 Battle Stars)
- Deal damage with Pistols to opponents (0/500) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Lonely Lodge (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Rubber Duckies (0/10) (5 Battle Stars)
- Follow the treasure map found in Salty Springs (0/1) (10 Battle Stars)
- Sniper Rifle Eliminations (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Tilted Towers (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
We have a Season 4 Week 2 Challenges guide page that explains how to complete all these. We've also got breakout guides to the trickiest ones, so just click on the link to jump straight to our advice.
- Search Chests in Greasy Grove (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Consume Hop Rocks (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Deal damage with Suppressed Weapons to opponents (0/500) (5 Battle Stars)
- Dance in front of different film cameras (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search between a Scarecrow, Pink Hotrod, and a Big Screen (0/1) (10 Battle Stars)
- Explosive Weapon Eliminations (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Tomato Town (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
For general help, make sure you take a look through our Season 4 Week 1 Challenges guide for an overview of how to zip through the list nice and quickly.
- Deal Damage with Sniper Rifles to opponents (0/500) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Haunted Hills (0/7) (5 Battle Stars)
- Use a Port-a-Fort (0/1) (5 Battle Stars)
- Search F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E Letters (0/8) (5 Battle Stars)
- Follow the treasure map found in Tomato Town (0/1) (10 Battle Stars)
- Pistol Eliminations (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Flush Factory (0/3) (10 Battle Stars)
How do Season 4 Daily Challenges work?
Daily Challenges in Fortnite: Battle Royale task you with a different mission on a daily basis. You'll have to eliminate enemies with specific weapons or survive longer than the competition in a varierty of game modes.
While it's not a system that's quite as fully fleshed out as the Weekly Challenges, it's still a decent source of EXP for those aiming to rank up their Battle Pass and Season Levels as quickly as possible.
For a complete overview of the Daily Challenges system, you'll want to head over to our Daily Challenges list page. It's got a great overview of how they work, what rewards you'll earn and when they reset.
What are Free Pass Challenges in Season 4?
There are new "Starter Challenges" for players who don't own the Season 4 Battle Pass. Note, however, that you also gain access to these if you decided to buy in to Season 4.
Here's a list of all the challenges:
- Outlive Opponents (0/1,000) - 5 Battle Stars
- Play matches with friends (0/10) - 5 Battle Stars
- Deal damage to opponents (0/5,000) - 5 Battle Stars
- Land at different Named Locations (0/10) - 5 Battle Stars
- Play Matches (0/50) - Ace of Spades Spray
- Play matches with at least one elimination (0/10) - New Loading Screen
- Win a Match (0/1) - #1 Emoticon
Season 4 Blockbuster, Carbide and Omega Challenges
Another exciting new addition to Season 4's offerings are specific Challenges that can't be completed in one fell swoop. View these as Challenges that you'll work towards throughout the entire Season, gradually unlocking special rewards as you level up, or unlocking one mega-reward if you meet a certain set of requirements.
In order to complete the Blockbuster Challenge, you'll need to complete every Weekly Challenge for seven weeks in a row. Do this and you'll unlock what looks to be a special Legendary Outfit.
Complete the Carbide Challenge in its entirety and you'll be rewarded with both a sweet looking Pickaxe and a new Outfit to match.
It's actually split into 5 separate challenges that require you to reach certain Season Levels. As you hit each Season Level, you'll earn a piece of the Carbide Outfit, so you're effectively building it as you play, earn XP and level up.
Once you've hit Season Level 65, you'll unlock the final piece and have access to the entire Outfit!
As a rather nice touch, you'll only need to reach Season Level 30 to rock the shimmering Carbide Pickaxe.
Achieve the maximum level Battle Pass rank and you'll unlock the Omega outfit. On top of this you'll also unlock a set of "Omega Challenges" that work similarly to those above. You'll need to reach specific Season Levels in order to upgrade the Omega Outfit and earn the Omega Pickaxe. It's entirely worth it, as the skin transforms into something very slick looking indeed.
When will Season 4 start and end?
Season 4 of Fortnite began on May 1st 2018 and thanks to an in-game timer, we know that Season 4 ends on 9th July 2018. We'll keep an eye out for any changes or official updates.
It’s worth bearing in mind that the beginning of Season 4 has placed Season 3’s Battle Pass cosmetics into the vault. What’s more, all of Season 3’s Weekly Challenges have gone offline!
How much does the Season 4 Battle Pass cost?
Season 4's Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks, which equates to around £7.99. We think that's a pretty reasonable price and one that'll net you at least 10 weeks worth of Challenges to complete and cosmetics to unlock.
It's worth pointing out that you'll end up purchasing 1000 V-Bucks to meet the 950 V-Bucks requirement. So once you've unlocked the Battle Pass, you'll be left with 50 V-Bucks that you can spend elsewhere in the shop - or just start stashing for a future Battle Pass discount.
The Battle-Bundle has also returned. It costs a hefty 2800 V-bucks which equates to £19.99 in real world currency, but grants you bonus rewards including instant reward tier unlocks and bonus XP for a limited time.
If you go ahead and purchase Season 4’s Battle Pass a bit later in the season having earned XP, you’ll receive all of the rewards up to your current level retroactively.
How do you purchase Season 4's Battle Pass?
Purchase Season 4's Battle Pass and you'll be able to unlock all the cosmetic rewards on offer as you level up. If you're unfamiliar with how to navigate the main menu and get hold of the Battle Pass, we've put together a step by step guide below.
- Log in to the game.
- From the main menu screen, click the Battle Pass tab at the top.
- Select "Purchase" towards the bottom left of the screen.
- Now you've got to choose from the 950 V-Bucks "Battle Pass" or the 2,800 V-Bucks "Battle Bundle". If you're after the standard Battle Pass, select the former option. If you want 25 tiers unlocked instantly, select the latter.
- Next you'll be prompted to "Get V-Bucks". Select this and choose how many you want to purchase using real world currency.
- Select an option, click "Purchase" and you'll be redirected to a payment screen. Select your payment method and complete the process.
- The V-Bucks will appear in your account instantly. It's at this point you'll be able to unlock the Battle Pass!
What are the Season 4 Battle Pass levelling rewards?
New Tiers, Bundles and Cosmetic Rewards
When you purchase the Season 4 Battle Pass, you'll instantly unlock a big batch of in-game rewards including two skins! As you play during the season, you'll unlock a series of reward tiers.
If you purchased Season 3's Battle Pass, you'll also start Season 4 off with 5 free tiers completely unlocked.
What's more, if you've not got the time to work towards unlocks every day, you can still purchase tiers for 150 V-Bucks each or buy the Battle Bundle for 2800 V-Bucks which will immediately unlock +25 tiers at a 40% discount.
With Season 4's Battle Pass there are now a whole host of new Outfits, Gliders, Pickaxes, Backblings and more. If you're after a closer look at all these new rewards, make sure you have a glance at the gallery we've posted below.
What Battle Pass rewards do you get straight away?
Upon purchasing Season 4's Battle Pass, you'll be granted a number of free goodies straight away.
Here's a list of all the free items you'll earn once you've bought the Season 4 Battle Pass.
- Carbide Outfit
- Battlehawk Outfit
- 50% Bonus Season Match XP
- 10% Bonus Season Friend Match XP
- Access to Weekly Challenges
- Access to Blockbuster Challenges
- Access to Carbide Challenges
Are there any map changes with Season 4?
Fortnite's map has been permanently altered by a number of meteor impacts, which certainly marks Season 4 as a real game-changer from the get-go.
Dusty Depot has seen a direct hit and transformed it into an enormous crater called Dusty Divot. Glide towards this location and you'll notice that there's a little research hub in the centre, along with glowing rocks scattered all over the surface. Consume one of these rocks and you'll enter a zero-gravity state which'll enable you to leap higher and become immune to fall damage!
There's also a brand new location called Risky Reels at the North Easternmost point of the map. It was once a nice drive-thru theatre until a meteor smashed straight through the middle.
Here's an image of the whole map.
Moisty Mire's also received a complete makeover. No longer is it just a boggy, unpleasant swamp. now it's got a movie set in the middle which is home to a number of large green screens. Members of the Fortnite community have made some pretty hilarious stuff already with these!
The Prison's also seen a huge meteor through the middle, and now there's also a huge manor house near Lonely Lodge. It's likely modelled on Wayne Manor as the basement's home to its secret - a hi-tech base of operations.
Speaking of hidden bases, there are numerous secret command centers dotted all over Fortnite's map all of a sudden. There's a supervillain base near Snobby Shores, and an underground bunker tucked away inside an unassuming blue house near Salty Springs.
That concludes the fourth edition of our Fortnite Season 4 guide, but we’ll update it regularly as more information swings our way. Keep this page bookmarked for all the latest!