Our Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1 guide contains everything you need to know about Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1, with details on Season 11’s theme, Battle Pass costs and rewards, map changes and more.
Fortnite’s descent into a black hole has now concluded and it’s only gone and spat out a brand new map, tonnes of new features and reworked systems too.
This is undoubtedly Fortnite’s biggest season yet, so much so that it’s not even Season 11 anymore - it’s Chapter 2: Season 1. It really does feel like Epic Games has streamlined Fortnite for the better, with a lovelier looking map, more engaging levelling and fun new ways to mess about with your mates as well.
Below we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about the new content in Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1 (Season 11). Stay tuned for further updates as the game evolves in the future!
- 1. UPDATE: What's new in Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1?
- 2. What can we expect from Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1?
- 3. What is the Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1 release date?
- 4. Fortnite Season 11 Teasers and Speculation
- 5. How will Fortnite's map change in Chapter 2: Season 1?
- 6. What was included in Fortnite Season 10?
UPDATE: What's new in Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1 (Season 11)?
Fortnite’s now home to a tonne of new reworks and features. Below we’ve rounded up all the new stuff:
- Loads of new cosmetic items, including Group Emotes!
- 13 New Locations!
- New ways to support your squad - There’s a Bandage Bazooka weapon and you can now carry your teammates to safety when they’re downed.
- Hideouts and Explosives - You can now hide in haystacks and dumpsters to get the drop on your opponents. Gas tanks now explode and explosive barrels are dotted around the map too.
- Fortnite’s weapon arsenal has seen some asset upgrades, and it’s also been streamlined too - there’s less clutter.
- Upgrade your weapons - You can now upgrade your weapons using resources gathered around the world at special Upgrade Benches.
- Fishing and swimming - Players can now swim and shoot in water. There are also speed boats around the map which can hold a number of players. What’s more, players who find a fishing rod can head to fishing spots and reel in healing items, weapons and more.
- There’s an all-new levelling system, which means you’ll earn EXP for carrying out all sorts of activities while playing the game. Special medals can also be earned in matches which grant EXP.
What can we expect from Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1?
In the evening of October 14th 2019, the Battle Pass trailer was leaked by several Twitter accounts, and Epic Games allowed them to post it online. It showed all manner of brand new features, including new ways to gain Battle Pass levels, from farming resources to fishing. Parts of the new map were shown too, as well as the first skins from Chapter 2, Season 1.
We've slotted the trailer below for your convenience.
We’ll certainly be treated to new skins as well as the new map. Keep an eye out for our updates on this when we know more!
Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1 Release Date
Rumours from datamines tweeted by Lucas7yoshi suggest that the server downtime could end on Thursday at 4am EST (9am BST), but this is unconfirmed - we’ll have to wait and see. It does seem unlikely for Fortnite to be completely gone for four entire days, but stranger things have happened.
Another rumour is that the second chapter starts as soon as October 15th. Fortnite leak account HYPEX tweeted that Fortnite China announced the new chapter begins tomorrow, so there’s a chance things are going to happen sooner than we think.
The end-of-season downtime began with the black hole, so the Fortnite team are undoubtedly working hard to get everything together for as swift a release as possible, although it may not even be necessary given the number of people enthralled by an almost-stationary black hole on screen.
Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1 Teasers and Speculation
The black hole event sent fans into a frenzy, causing wild speculation as to the future of the game. Fortnite’s social media, including Twitter and Instagram, completely changed their looks, seemingly pivoting to the aesthetic of a teenager whose parents didn’t let them go to a party.
The subreddit locked down in order to keep the subreddit clutter-free, so people have been unable to post as always during downtime. Comments theorising the direction of the game have been flooding in.
In the black hole teaser, various numbers were briefly shown on-screen. When cross-referenced with the audio logs revealed at the end of Season 10, they reveal a cryptic message. Fortnite fans have been hard at work decoding them, and it appears we’ve got a bit of an insight into the future of Fortnite.
The message reads ’I WAS NOT ALONE. OTHERS WERE OUTSIDE THE LOOP. THIS WAS NOT CALCULATED. THE NOTHING IS NOW INEVITABLE’.
Some fans have guessed this spells the end of Fortnite: Battle Royale’s Early Access status and it’ll be getting fully released, with all manner of new and exciting features. Rest assured, we’ll be keeping tabs on all the latest information when we get it.
Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1 How will the map change?
The map is gone.
In all seriousness, no one has a clue what’s happening with the map after the black hole swallowed it up, presumably violently killing everyone in the world of Fortnite. It’s speculated a new map has been in development for a while, and it’ll be interesting, if this is the case, to see whether Epic Games can make as iconic and beloved an environment as it did the first time around.
What was included in Fortnite Season 10?
Let's take a look back at everything that was introduced with Fortnite Season 10. Hopefully, we can glean some information about what’s in store for us next season.
- The B.R.U.T.E. - big, extremely powerful mechs, played host to a whole lot of controversy, receiving several nerfs and causing many pro players to threaten to quit the game in hissy fits.
- Rift Zones showed up, bringing back various locations previously gone from the map.
- A Batman-themed special event was brought to the game, including a bespoke Gotham City location and a lot of new cosmetics.
- Vaulted guns: The Baller, Quad Crasher, Flint Knock, Shadow Bomb, Semi-Auto Sniper, Tactical Assault Rifle, Mounted Turret, and Air Strike were all vaulted.
That’s all we have for now! Let us know what you think is in store for Fortnite in the comments, and we’ll keep you updated on every slice of info that comes up.