How to find the locations of the Salty Springs Treasure Map in Fortnite, then solve the clues to claim your reward.
Week 3 brings with it a brand new Treasure Map, and this time you’ll find it in Salty Springs. Look at it closely, follow the clues and it’ll lead you to a bunch of hidden Battle Stars buried away in an elusive location on Fortnite’s vast map.
Manage to unearth the treasure and the Battle Stars you’ve earned will go towards levelling up your Season 4 Battle Pass. With this said, it’s actually pretty difficult - especially for those of us who don’t pay much attention to the intricacies of Fortnite’s map.
It's well worth chasing the treasure down though, as the Battle Stars you earn will work towards unlocking more cosmetic goodies for your playable character. You'll get Gliders, Pickaxes, Skins and more if you pursue these tricky challenges each week - we're here to help on that front.
We’ve put together a handy walkthrough based on niitq’s video which illustrates the treasure map and its location. Make sure you give it a watch as it’ll help you get a better idea of where the treasure lies.
For help with every other challenge, make sure you check out our Week 3 Challenges guide!
- At the start of the video you’ll see the treasure map at the bottom right of the screen.
- It shows the “squiggly” location to the East of Retail Row, with a bright red cross at the within it.
- You’ll want to drop near Retail Row and start floating East towards the squiggly path.
- As you draw closer, open your map and start aiming for the South side. Note the large tree that sits there, and aim for it.
- Move ever so slightly to the West of the big tree and you’ll notice there’s a stack of tires. This is where the Battle Stars are located
- You’ll know if you’ve found the right spot as the shining Battle Stars will suddenly sprout from the ground in front of you! Make sure you interact with them for a couple of seconds to claim your reward!
- Check your UI to ensure that the Challenge has been ticked off too.
- If you’re struggling to find this location, bring niitq’s video up on another screen while you’re in-game as it’ll be immensely helpful.
If you're struggling to find all the Rubber Duckies in this week's challenge, make sure your check out our All Rubber Duckies Locations guide! It'll show you exactly where to find enough to complete the task.
If you found the video useful, do make sure to give the creator a thumbs-up and consider subscribing to their channel for more Fortnite: Battle Royale content.
It’s worth mentioning that almost everyone will be shooting for this location over the next few days, so expect a bit of kerfuffle if you’re landing here . You can always postpone this challenge for a week or two and return to this location when things have calmed down a bit.