Everything you need to know about the Port-a-Fortress Grenade in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Fortnite’s one of the most accessible Battle Royale games on the market and that’s down to its easy to use but hard to master building mechanics. It’s pretty simple to lay down some foundations and craft yourself a makeshift fort or bridge that’ll get you from point A to point B.
Despite being fairly simple to build something, there’s an incredibly high skill ceiling when it comes to building structures on the fly. Strong players will have a grasp of creating walls, ramps and roofs in seconds, or erecting towers as if it’s second nature. This is where Fortnite can be a little off-putting to those who aren’t quite as adept at using the blueprint.
Little did we know that Fortnite’s first pop at portable forts with the aptly named Port-a-Fort grenade wouldn’t be its last. Say hello to the new Port-a-Fortress, which - you guessed it - creates an even bigger fort when chucked on the ground!
Below we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about the Port-a-Fortress just below!
Here’s everything you need to know about the new Port-a-Fortress, including details on how it all works.
- The Port-a-Fortress will be going live on 18th September 2018 alongside the usual weekly patch.
- It’s huge!
- Builds instantly.
- Includes built-in Bouncers for an easy exit.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Found in Vending Machines, chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
Port-a-Fortress Tips and Tricks
Here are few pointers to help you get to grips with this new grenade:
Video by VinceDon PSN
- Remember that there’s a door at the bottom of the Fortress, so keep an eye and ear out for any sneaky enemies!
- Try and keep hold of the Fortress for endgame situations where you might want to set up camp in the final circle. It’ll save you materials and time.
- There are jump pads on the side if you want to fly over to a location fast.
- If you chuck the Port-a-Fortress directly underneath you, you’ll spawn inside which can save you a few precious seconds.
- Don’t forget that you can build from the Port-a-Fortress too, so go ahead and attach bits and pieces to for an even bigger structure.