This Fortnite guide explains how to unlock the Wild Card skin and complete the High Stake / Getaway challenges.
The latest event to hit Fortnite goes by the name of High Stakes, and as well as introducing a brand new Grappler item to help you zip around the map with ease, it also adds a new temporary mode called The Getaway.
In this heist event, your job will be to track down one of the precious Jewels that have been hidden in supply drop safes, and then carry the Jewel to a getaway van located elsewhere on the map. Expect a lot of attention as you attempt to flee the scene, as other players are going to want that Jewel for themselves.
As nice as it is to have something new to do in the game, High Stakes also introduces a new set of cosmetic items. One of these goes by the name of the Wild Card skin, and unfortunately it can only be purchased from the Item Shop.
There are some complimentary items to go with this new cosmetic addition, however, and in this article we're going to explain exactly what you need to do in order to unlock them all.
Fortnite: High Stakes Challenges
A special set of additional challenges are being added with High Stakes, and it's by working your way through these that you'll be able to unlock the additional items that compliment the Wild Card skin.
The good news is that you only actually have to complete three of them, as doing the first three will automatically clear the fourth, and give you the final item you need to wrap up your collection.
Here's what you need to do in each case:
- Play Matches of the Getaway (0/10) - 5,000 XP - To get your hands on a not-inconsiderable chunk of free XP, you simply need to do what the challenge says and get stuck into The Getaway mode a total of 10 times.
- Deal Damage to Jewel Carrying Opponents (0 / 500) - High Stakes Spray - Your objective here is pretty simple. Find another opponent who's managed to pinch a Jewel for themselves, and rattle as much damage into them as you can manage. This is an ongoing challenge, and one you'll likely complete through natural play as you finish your minimum ten games in The Getaway.
- Pick up a Jewel in Differenet Matches of Getaway (0 / 5) - High Stakes Contrail - This one could prove quite tricky to complete, but keep in mind that you only have to grab the Jewel, not get it to safety. Easier to complete if you can buddy up with a coordinated team of players who will play nicely to get this one finished up for everyone.
- Complete all Three Challenges - Crowbar Pickaxe - Pretty self-explanatory really. By completing the first three challenges detailed above, you'll also unlock the complimentary Crowbar Pickaxe.
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
That's the end of our guide to unlocking the Fortnite Wild Card skin and completing the High Stakes challenges. If you've got any tips of your own for beating these challenges, share them in the comments so we can all get this one finished up nice and quickly!