Around a year ago, Epic announced a scheme that would allow you to refund skins in Fortnite and all platforms. That means players on PC, Mac, PS4 and Xbox can all take part in the plan.
You can refund cosmetics in exchange for V-Bucks. This means you can recycle any skins, emotes or gliders that you no longer want can. There are some limitations though.
Struggling to get to grips with Fortnite's refund system? This guide will take you right through the process.
It explains what you can - and can't - refund, and explains how to go about recycling the items that you're allowed to return.
Overview of Fortnite refunds
Here’s an overview of how the refund process works in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
- You can return up to 3 cosmetic purchases for V-Bucks - in a lifetime.
- Once you’ve returned 3 cosmetic items, you will not be eligible for any more refunds.
- You can only refund purchases within 30 days.
- If the item you’ve refunded isn’t in the Item Shop, you can't buy it again until it returns.
- You will find the Self-Service Cosmetic Returns process in the “Purchase History” section of the Item Shop.
What is eligible for a refund?
You can request a refund for the following item categories:
- Harvesting Tools
- Back Bling
What can't you refund?
You cannot request a refund for any of these items:
- Battle Pass
- Battle Pass Tiers
- Starter Pack
- Founder’s Pack
- Founder’s Pack Upgrades
- Loot Llamas (Save the World)
- Event and Weekly items (Save the World)
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
How to refund cosmetics in Fortnite
We’ll walk you through how to refund your cosmetic items in Fortnite.
PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- Head to the "Settings" menu at the top right of the screen.
- Click the far right tab. This'll take you to an "Account and Content" page.
- Here you'll see an "Unintentional Purchases" section. Click "Submit a Request".
- You'll go to another screen which will show what cosmetic items are eligible for a refund.
- Highlight the cosmetic you want to refund on the left hand side of the screen, and select it to confirm.
- Now you need to give a reason. Was it an "Accidental" or "Unauthorized" purchase, or an "Item Not as Expected" situation?
- Select the option that applies to you and confirm "Submit Return Request" to claim your refund.
- You’ll be prompted one last time to confirm your refund. Click confirm to claim your refund.
- Once claimed, the V-Bucks spent on that cosmetic will be added back into your Fortnite account. To check, simply look at the top right of your screen. You should see your V-Bucks total has increased.
Video by HarryNinetyFour